-   -   adding service files to normal packages? (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/655208-adding-service-files-normal-packages.html)

Tom Gundersen 04-12-2012 10:20 AM

adding service files to normal packages?

Hi Tobias,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:
> What I need is rpcbind, nfs, ssh, mysql, saned, xinetd, ntp, samba.

FWIW, I have some patches for rpcbind to get proper systemd
integration, I just need to resubmit them upstream. I think our ssh
units could also go upstream to openssh.

> My opinion on this is, the service files should belong to the packages
> and not to the arch-units package.

I agree with this. The arch-units stuff was always just meant as a
temporary solution (and it is definitely sub-optimal). We have been
enabling unit files in the individual packages wherever these are
available upstream, but I guess the time has come to include unit
files for (at least some of) the remaining packages in the same way we
now include rc scripts.

Cheers,

Tom