Old 03-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default openssl 1.0.1 might break some packages

Hi all,

I have put openssl 1.0.1 into [testing]. This version is still ABI
compatible with previous versions and as such there was no soname bump.
However, some application have some broken runtime checks and will
refuse to work. If you find such issues a rebuild should temporary fix
this. But make sure that this issue gets reported upstream.

Let me know if you put any rebuilds into [testing] so I can move all
these packages at once.

See http://marc.info/?l=openssl-dev&m=133176786215023&w=2

Greetings,

Pierre

--
Pierre Schmitz, http://pierre-schmitz.com

Old 03-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have put openssl 1.0.1 into [testing]. This version is still ABI
> compatible with previous versions and as such there was no soname bump.
> However, some application have some broken runtime checks and will
> refuse to work. If you find such issues a rebuild should temporary fix
> this. But make sure that this issue gets reported upstream.
>
> Let me know if you put any rebuilds into [testing] so I can move all
> these packages at once.
>
> See http://marc.info/?l=openssl-dev&m=133176786215023&w=2
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre

I've just put a rebuilt proftpd in [testing].

Eric