Old 03-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Tom Gundersen

Default util-linux-2.21-5

A new util-linux is in [testing], and I thought I'd ask everyone to
take a special look at it. The reason being that 2.21-X has been stuck
in testing and blocking a lot of other stuff for way to long now, so
I'd really like to move this relatively quickly.

This release contains all the bugfixes from the 'stable' branch
upstream, and there are currently no known issues. I also reverted to
using the old mount implementation, just to be on the safe side.

Once this hits core we'll start work on enabling the new-mount again
(no serious issues were found with it, so I'm quite optimistic), and
also on moving to util-linux's login implementation (away from the one
shipped by the shadow package).

TL;DR: please do a 'mkinitcpio -p linux', do a reboot, and check that
your isoteric uses of util-linux still works :-)

-t