Old 02-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Daniel Isenmann

Default Mono and "xyz"-sharp (mono-related) packages in our repos

Hi,

I know that some of you avoid to install any of the mono or mono-related
packages. But that's another topic, so no posts about how "bad" mono is
or similar, don't want to start a flame war here.

We have plenty of mono and mono related packages in our repo, most of
them are maintained by me. Some "xyz"-sharp library packages are
maintained by other devs. Recently Pierre moved banshee out of our repo
because it was unmaintained and no one wanted to maintain it. I have put
it back to our repo, because I use it as my main media player and didn't
know that it was unmaintained. But that is too much information for this
mail.

Back to business: just a short call from my side to you, if you no
longer want to maintain a "xyz"-sharp library package or other mono
related package and you are thinking about moving it to the AUR or
community, then please contact me first. I'm more than willing to adopt
any mono related package in our repo to keep our mono stack up-to-date.

That's all...thanks.

-Daniel