Old 02-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Tom Gundersen

Default new mount in testing

Hi guys,

With util-linux-2.21 we have switched to a new implementation of
mount, based on the libmount library. We have tested this in the
release candidates for some weeks, and it seems good to go.

However, I intend to keep util-linux in testing longer than normal
just in case. Please keep an eye out for oddities, especially if you
are using mount in any non-standard ways that we might not have
tested.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 02-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 24.02.2012 18:13, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
> With util-linux-2.21 we have switched to a new implementation of
> mount, based on the libmount library. We have tested this in the
> release candidates for some weeks, and it seems good to go.

I would like to point out that upstream considers this "experimental" at
this point.

> However, I intend to keep util-linux in testing longer than normal
> just in case. Please keep an eye out for oddities, especially if you
> are using mount in any non-standard ways that we might not have
> tested.

Gerardo will not be happy about this delay (he needs the new losetup).
What about pushing 2.21-1 with "old mount" to core quickly and then
putting 2.21-2 with "new mount" into testing?