Old 03-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Lukas Fleischer

Default Cleaning up orphaned packages

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 05:49:57PM +0100, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Lukas Fleischer
> <archlinux@cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> > * bluez-firmware
>
> I take this one.

Thanks!

> > * lzo
>
> If nothing is depending on this, it might simply mean that all users
> have moved to lzo2 and that lzo can be dropped.

partimage (which is in [community]) still depends on it. Not sure if it
can be easily patched to use lzo2.

> > I'm not sure about lirc either, I'd prefer if someone could adopt both
> > lirc and lirc-utils and maintain them in [extra] (lirc-utils is required
> > by a bunch of [extra] packages).
>
> In particular:
>
> kradio
> mplayer
> mythtv
> rhythmbox
> rosegarden
> xawtv
> xine-ui
>
> Maybe worth investigating if it can be made an opt-depend, like it is
> for some packages:
>
> pulseaudio (optional)
> totem (optional)
> vlc (optional)

It's not that easy, I tested this before:

$ readelf -d $(which mplayer) | grep lirc
0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [liblirc_client.so.0]
$ pacman -Rdd --noconfirm lirc-utils >/dev/null
$ mplayer
mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: liblirc_client.so.0:

Old 03-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Guillaume Alaux

On 5 March 2012 21:23, Lukas Fleischer <archlinux@cryptocrack.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 05:49:57PM +0100, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Lukas Fleischer
> > <archlinux@cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> > > * bluez-firmware
> >
> > I take this one.
>
> Thanks!
>

> > > * lzo
> >
> > If nothing is depending on this, it might simply mean that all users
> > have moved to lzo2 and that lzo can be dropped.
>
> partimage (which is in [community]) still depends on it. Not sure if it
> can be easily patched to use lzo2.
>

> > > I'm not sure about lirc either, I'd prefer if someone could adopt both
> > > lirc and lirc-utils and maintain them in [extra] (lirc-utils is
> > > required
> > > by a bunch of [extra] packages).
> >
> > In particular:
> >
> > kradio
> > mplayer
> > mythtv
> > rhythmbox
> > rosegarden
> > xawtv
> > xine-ui
> >
> > Maybe worth investigating if it can be made an opt-depend, like it is
> > for some packages:
> >
> > pulseaudio (optional)
> > totem (optional)
> > vlc (optional)
>
> It's not that easy, I tested this before:
>
> * *$ readelf -d $(which mplayer) | grep lirc
> * * 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED) * * * * * * Shared library:
> [liblirc_client.so.0]
> * *$ pacman -Rdd --noconfirm lirc-utils >/dev/null
> * *$ mplayer
> * *mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: liblirc_client.so.0:
> * *cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tom

Hi y'all,

Just for you to know, I adopted apache-ant which I use a lot mainly
for... Arch packaging

--
Guillaume

Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Jelle van der Waa

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Guillaume Alaux <guillaume@alaux.net> wrote:

> On 5 March 2012 21:23, Lukas Fleischer <archlinux@cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 05:49:57PM +0100, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> > >
> > > I take this one.
> >
> > Thanks!

> > > If nothing is depending on this, it might simply mean that all users
> > > have moved to lzo2 and that lzo can be dropped.
> >
> > partimage (which is in [community]) still depends on it. Not sure if it
> > can be easily patched to use lzo2.

> both
> > >
> > > In particular:
> > >
> > > kradio
> > > mplayer
> > > mythtv
> > > rhythmbox
> > > rosegarden
> > > xawtv
> > > xine-ui
> > >
> > > Maybe worth investigating if it can be made an opt-depend, like it is
> > > for some packages:
> > >
> > > pulseaudio (optional)
> > > totem (optional)
> > > vlc (optional)
> >
> > It's not that easy, I tested this before:
> >
> > $ readelf -d $(which mplayer) | grep lirc
> > 0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED) Shared library:
> > [liblirc_client.so.0]
> > $ pacman -Rdd --noconfirm lirc-utils >/dev/null
> > $ mplayer
> > mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: liblirc_client.so.0:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >

> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Tom
>
> Hi y'all,
>
> Just for you to know, I adopted apache-ant which I use a lot mainly
> for... Arch packaging
>
> --
> Guillaume

If python-lxml is orphan in [extra] (it looks like it accordign to archweb)
, i would like to adopt it in [community] and add python3 support.

Jelle van der Waa

Old 03-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Giovanni Scafora