Old 01-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Tom Gundersen

Default udev delay during boot

Hi guys,

I'm seeing several bug reports and forum threads about this, so I
thought I'd ask your opinion about doing a news item:

Udev delay during boot

udev-176 (and later) no longer work around a certain class of kernel
bugs[0]. If you are using an affected driver it means that you will
encounter a 30 second delay on boot. It seems that mostly wireless
drivers are affected by this. The netdev guys are aware of the issue,
and are working on a solution.

systemd users are largely[2] unaffected by this issue.

[0]: http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg185742.html

[1]: the bug still occurs, and the 30-second timeout still happens,
but the rest of userspace will boot in parallell, unlike in
initscripts where the rest of userspace will wait.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Florian Pritz

On 22.01.2012 12:51, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> systemd users are largely[2] unaffected by this issue.

[1] not [2]

--
Florian Pritz

Old 01-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Tom Gundersen

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Florian Pritz <bluewind@xinu.at> wrote:
> On 22.01.2012 12:51, Tom Gundersen wrote:
>> systemd users are largely[2] unaffected by this issue.
>
> [1] not [2]

Counting is hard...