FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Andrea Scarpino
 
Default Commit in libxcb/repos (testing-i686)

On 21 January 2012 14:54, Ionut Biru <ibiru@archlinux.org> wrote:
> * *Date: Saturday, January 21, 2012 @ 08:54:19
> *Author: ibiru
> Revision: 147062
>
> db-remove: libxcb removed by ibiru
What happened here?

:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: libxcb: local (1.8-1) is newer than extra (1.7-2)
warning: xcb-proto: local (1.7-1) is newer than extra (1.6-2)

--
Andrea
 
Old 01-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Ionut Biru
 
Default Commit in libxcb/repos (testing-i686)

On 01/21/2012 05:48 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> On 21 January 2012 14:54, Ionut Biru <ibiru@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Date: Saturday, January 21, 2012 @ 08:54:19
>> Author: ibiru
>> Revision: 147062
>>
>> db-remove: libxcb removed by ibiru
> What happened here?
>
> :: Starting full system upgrade...
> warning: libxcb: local (1.8-1) is newer than extra (1.7-2)
> warning: xcb-proto: local (1.7-1) is newer than extra (1.6-2)
>

replying as well in arch-dev-public.

It was a mistake to update those two packages. Andy told me that they
have to be updated in the same time with new xorg+drivers to avoid
breakages.

Just do pacman -Suu

--
IonuČ›
 
Old 01-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Andrea Scarpino
 
Default Commit in libxcb/repos (testing-i686)

On 21 January 2012 17:42, Ionut Biru <ibiru@archlinux.org> wrote:
> It was a mistake to update those two packages. Andy told me that they
> have to be updated in the same time with new xorg+drivers to avoid
> breakages.
Thanks, that was the info I was looking for.

> Just do pacman -Suu
You've to fix another package:

warning: libxcb: downgrading from version 1.8-1 to version 1.7-2
warning: xcb-proto: downgrading from version 1.7-1 to version 1.6-2
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: lib32-libxcb: requires xcb-proto>=1.7

--
Andrea
 
Old 01-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Ionut Biru
 
Default Commit in libxcb/repos (testing-i686)

On 01/21/2012 06:47 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> On 21 January 2012 17:42, Ionut Biru <ibiru@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> It was a mistake to update those two packages. Andy told me that they
>> have to be updated in the same time with new xorg+drivers to avoid
>> breakages.
> Thanks, that was the info I was looking for.
>
>> Just do pacman -Suu
> You've to fix another package:
>
> warning: libxcb: downgrading from version 1.8-1 to version 1.7-2
> warning: xcb-proto: downgrading from version 1.7-1 to version 1.6-2
> resolving dependencies...
> looking for inter-conflicts...
> error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
> :: lib32-libxcb: requires xcb-proto>=1.7
>

is fixed

--
IonuČ›
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:49 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org