Old 01-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Ionut Biru

Default the big rebuild - libpng/libtiff

On 01/18/2012 09:17 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i cannot speak about libtiff but libpng 1.5 rebuild is going to be
> difficult. All previous warnings are now fatal and a lot of patching is
> involved.
>
> I managed to get all patches from gentoo here (thanks gentoo devs!):
>
> http://pkgbuild.com/~ioni/libpng-1.5
> http://pkgbuild.com/~ioni/libpng-1.5.tar.gz
>
> Patches also can be found in fedora rawhide and openbsd.
>
> The rebuild is done as usually in staging and at first you won't be able
> to build any packages until their dependencies are built first.

note for all packages, pay attention to configure log to see if png is
really detected and not just blindly rebuild a package.

--
Ionuț

Old 01-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Ionut Biru

On 01/18/2012 09:33 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
> On 01/18/2012 09:17 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i cannot speak about libtiff but libpng 1.5 rebuild is going to be
>> difficult. All previous warnings are now fatal and a lot of patching is
>> involved.
>>
>> I managed to get all patches from gentoo here (thanks gentoo devs!):
>>
>> http://pkgbuild.com/~ioni/libpng-1.5
>> http://pkgbuild.com/~ioni/libpng-1.5.tar.gz
>>
>> Patches also can be found in fedora rawhide and openbsd.
>>
>> The rebuild is done as usually in staging and at first you won't be able
>> to build any packages until their dependencies are built first.
>>

> note for all packages, pay attention to configure log to see if png is
> really detected and not just blindly rebuild a package.

I'm going to move the packages into testing now.
Don't forget to fully update your system before reporting bugs on our
tracker.

It will stay in testing for couples of weeks (maxim 2) until is moved
our in extra.

Happy testing.

--
Ionuț

Old 01-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Ionut Biru

On 01/30/2012 10:22 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 31/01/12 04:43, Ionut Biru wrote:

>>> note for all packages, pay attention to configure log to see if png is
>>> really detected and not just blindly rebuild a package.
>>>

>> I'm going to move the packages into testing now.
>> Don't forget to fully update your system before reporting bugs on our
>> tracker.
>>
>> It will stay in testing for couples of weeks (maxim 2) until is moved
>> our in extra.
>>
>> Happy testing.
>>

> Looks like some packages have dependency issues:
>
> (11/53) upgrading djvulibre
> [######################] 100%
> gtk-update-icon-cache: error while loading shared libraries:
> libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> error: command failed to execute correctly
>
> (14/53) upgrading evince
> [######################] 100%
> gtk-update-icon-cache: error while loading shared libraries:
> libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> error: command failed to execute correctly
>
> (16/53) upgrading firefox
> [######################] 100%
> gtk-update-icon-cache: error while loading shared libraries:
> libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> error: command failed to execute correctly
>
> (18/53) upgrading gdk-pixbuf2
> [######################] 100%
> g_module_open() failed for
> /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so:
> libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Allan

seems like i need to add a versioned dependendy to install gdk-pibxbuf2
before everything else.

--
Ionuț

Old 01-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Allan McRae

Old 01-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am 30.01.2012 21:20, schrieb Ionut Biru:
> On 01/30/2012 10:22 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
>> On 31/01/12 04:43, Ionut Biru wrote:
>> (18/53) upgrading gdk-pixbuf2
>> [######################] 100%
>> g_module_open() failed for
>> /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so:
>> libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> Allan
>>

> seems like i need to add a versioned dependendy to install gdk-pibxbuf2
> before everything else.

So pacman does not install the packages according to their dependency
tree if there are no versioned deps? Sounds like a pacman bug to me. I'd
rather have that one fixed then having versioned deps all over the place
that cause more problems than they attempt to solve.

--
Pierre Schmitz, http://pierre-schmitz.com

Old 01-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Allan McRae

On 01/02/12 08:29, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am 30.01.2012 21:20, schrieb Ionut Biru:
>> On 01/30/2012 10:22 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
>>> On 31/01/12 04:43, Ionut Biru wrote:
>>> (18/53) upgrading gdk-pixbuf2
>>> [######################] 100%
>>> g_module_open() failed for
>>> /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so:
>>> libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> Allan
>>>

>> seems like i need to add a versioned dependendy to install gdk-pibxbuf2
>> before everything else.
>
> So pacman does not install the packages according to their dependency
> tree if there are no versioned deps? Sounds like a pacman bug to me. I'd
> rather have that one fixed then having versioned deps all over the place
> that cause more problems than they attempt to solve.

Nope...

> pacman -Qo /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so
/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so is owned
by librsvg 2.34.2-3

> pacman -Si librsvg
Depends On : gdk-pixbuf2>=2.24.1-3 pango libcroco

So librsvg depends on gdk-pixbug2 but the install script of gdk-pixbuf2
requirs librsvg...

This can not be solved until we have transaction hook support in pacman.

Allan

Old 02-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Ionut Biru <ibiru@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 01/18/2012 09:33 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>> On 01/18/2012 09:17 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i cannot speak about libtiff but libpng 1.5 rebuild is going to be
>>> difficult. All previous warnings are now fatal and a lot of patching is
>>> involved.
>>>
>>> I managed to get all patches from gentoo here (thanks gentoo devs!):
>>>
>>> http://pkgbuild.com/~ioni/libpng-1.5
>>> http://pkgbuild.com/~ioni/libpng-1.5.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Patches also can be found in fedora rawhide and openbsd.
>>>
>>> The rebuild is done as usually in staging and at first you won't be able
>>> to build any packages until their dependencies are built first.
>>>

>> note for all packages, pay attention to configure log to see if png is
>> really detected and not just blindly rebuild a package.
>>

> I'm going to move the packages into testing now.
> Don't forget to fully update your system before reporting bugs on our
> tracker.
>
> It will stay in testing for couples of weeks (maxim 2) until is moved
> our in extra.
>
> Happy testing.
>
> --
> Ionuț

FYI, there is a problem with the rebuilt directfb in
community-testing, at least qingy doesn't work with it. I'm still
trying to figure what's the problem. I tried the newer releases but
whether it's in the same 1.4 branch or the newer 1.5 branch, it
doesn't work. We'll need to wait until it's fix to move the rebuild
out of testing.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Ionut Biru <ibiru@archlinux.org> wrote:

>>> note for all packages, pay attention to configure log to see if png is
>>> really detected and not just blindly rebuild a package.
>>>

>> I'm going to move the packages into testing now.
>> Don't forget to fully update your system before reporting bugs on our
>> tracker.
>>
>> It will stay in testing for couples of weeks (maxim 2) until is moved
>> our in extra.
>>
>> Happy testing.
>>
>> --
>> Ionuț
>>

> FYI, there is a problem with the rebuilt directfb in
> community-testing, at least qingy doesn't work with it. I'm still
> trying to figure what's the problem. I tried the newer releases but
> whether it's in the same 1.4 branch or the newer 1.5 branch, it
> doesn't work. We'll need to wait until it's fix to move the rebuild
> out of testing.

directfb is fixed now. Building with --enable-debug did the trick
(don't ask me why).