-   -   java-7-openjdk has been splitted (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/619129-java-7-openjdk-has-been-splitted.html)

Andreas Radke 01-09-2012 07:34 PM

java-7-openjdk has been splitted

To satisfy server admins not forcing them install lots of typical
desktop deps (FS#27621) I've reworked our (openjdk7) JRE pkg and now
it's splitted into jre7-opnjdk-headless and an addon jre7-openjdk
desktop package. (I've followed Debian here, they do a good job here).

I expect some people crying again "hell no, no more splitting..." but
who cares. I have to satisfy the KISS people and also those that want
it slack and without useless crap on their disc.

Packages are in testing. Please test them well. The packages are meant
to prepare the 7u2 Icedtea update expected within the next few weeks.

The update path should be smooth. Everything should work after an -Syu
and if you don't need the desktop stuff feel free to -R jre7-openjdk.

-Andy

Jonathan Vasquez 01-09-2012 07:40 PM

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Andreas Radke <andyrtr@archlinux.org> wrote:
> To satisfy server admins not forcing them install lots of typical
> desktop deps (FS#27621) I've reworked our (openjdk7) JRE pkg and now
> it's splitted into jre7-opnjdk-headless and an addon jre7-openjdk
> desktop package. (I've followed Debian here, they do a good job here).
>
> I expect some people crying again "hell no, no more splitting..." but
> who cares. I have to satisfy the KISS people and also those that want
> it slack and without useless crap on their disc.
>
> Packages are in testing. Please test them well. The packages are meant
> to prepare the 7u2 Icedtea update expected within the next few weeks.
>
> The update path should be smooth. Everything should work after an -Syu
> and if you don't need the desktop stuff feel free to -R jre7-openjdk.
>
> -Andy

Thanks. I'm definitely for splitting packages where they must be
split. Keep up the good work.

--
Jonathan Vasquez

Calvin Morrison 01-09-2012 07:50 PM

On 9 January 2012 15:40, Jonathan Vasquez <jvasquez1011@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Andreas Radke <andyrtr@archlinux.org>
> wrote:
> > To satisfy server admins not forcing them install lots of typical
> > desktop deps (FS#27621) I've reworked our (openjdk7) JRE pkg and now
> > it's splitted into jre7-opnjdk-headless and an addon jre7-openjdk
> > desktop package. (I've followed Debian here, they do a good job here).
> >
> > I expect some people crying again "hell no, no more splitting..." but
> > who cares. I have to satisfy the KISS people and also those that want
> > it slack and without useless crap on their disc.
> >
> > Packages are in testing. Please test them well. The packages are meant
> > to prepare the 7u2 Icedtea update expected within the next few weeks.
> >
> > The update path should be smooth. Everything should work after an -Syu
> > and if you don't need the desktop stuff feel free to -R jre7-openjdk.
> >
> > -Andy
>
> Thanks. I'm definitely for splitting packages where they must be
> split. Keep up the good work.
>
> --
> Jonathan Vasquez

+1

Heiko Baums 01-09-2012 08:07 PM

java-7-openjdk has been splitted

Am Mon, 9 Jan 2012 21:34:58 +0100
schrieb Andreas Radke <andyrtr@archlinux.org>:

> To satisfy server admins not forcing them install lots of typical
> desktop deps (FS#27621) I've reworked our (openjdk7) JRE pkg and now
> it's splitted into jre7-opnjdk-headless and an addon jre7-openjdk
> desktop package. (I've followed Debian here, they do a good job here).

Haven't you done this already two or three months ago?

Heiko

Andreas Radke 01-10-2012 03:22 AM

java-7-openjdk has been splitted

Am Mon, 9 Jan 2012 22:07:46 +0100
schrieb Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de>:

> Haven't you done this already two or three months ago?
>
> Heiko

First we split it into JRE and JDK, this time we split JRE into
-headless and additional desktop files.

-Andy