Old 01-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Daniel Isenmann

Default WindowMaker is back again

Hi,

I think everybody knows that WindowMaker development was stalled since
ages. It started again with the windowmaker-crm git repository. Now
windowmaker-crm is the most up-to-date source and is considered as the
official release. (Stated on the new website: http://windowmaker.org/)

Debian has now accepted the wmaker-crm 0.95.0 tag
(http://repo.or.cz/w/wmaker-crm.git/tree/d0a48d991490f3092e41b3f5e541913c0fd73da2)
to be included into Debian unstable.

Personally I would like to update our windowmaker (stable 0.92.0)
package to the mentioned git tag (0.95.0). Our windowmaker-crm-git
package will be updated to the latest development git snapshot as
before.

Any objections for this step?

Daniel

Old 01-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Florian Pritz

On 08.01.2012 19:05, Daniel Isenmann wrote:
> Personally I would like to update our windowmaker (stable 0.92.0)
> package to the mentioned git tag (0.95.0). Our windowmaker-crm-git
> package will be updated to the latest development git snapshot as
> before.

I'm not using it, but if upstream says it's the new official code just
do it.

--
Florian Pritz

Old 01-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 08.01.2012 23:23, schrieb Florian Pritz:
> On 08.01.2012 19:05, Daniel Isenmann wrote:
>> Personally I would like to update our windowmaker (stable 0.92.0)
>> package to the mentioned git tag (0.95.0). Our windowmaker-crm-git
>> package will be updated to the latest development git snapshot as
>> before.
>
> I'm not using it, but if upstream says it's the new official code just
> do it.

Agreed. This seems like the right thing to do. If there is a "new
upstream", we should support it.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Daniel Isenmann

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 19:05:50 +0100
Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think everybody knows that WindowMaker development was stalled since
> ages. It started again with the windowmaker-crm git repository. Now
> windowmaker-crm is the most up-to-date source and is considered as the
> official release. (Stated on the new website: http://windowmaker.org/)
>
> Debian has now accepted the wmaker-crm 0.95.0 tag
> (http://repo.or.cz/w/wmaker-crm.git/tree/d0a48d991490f3092e41b3f5e541913c0fd73da2)
> to be included into Debian unstable.
>
> Personally I would like to update our windowmaker (stable 0.92.0)
> package to the mentioned git tag (0.95.0). Our windowmaker-crm-git
> package will be updated to the latest development git snapshot as
> before.
>
> Any objections for this step?
>
> Daniel

windowmaker-0.95.0 is in [extra]. Feel free to test it (or not ) and
file bug reports. I have tested it and it runs at the moment without
any errors.

Daniel