Old 01-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default linux-3.2-1

Hi guys,
please signoff 3.2 series for both arches.

Upstream
changes:
http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 01-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Christian Hesse

Tobias Powalowski <tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> on Thu, 05 Jan 2012
15:19:03 +0100:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.2 series for both arches.

Works fine on:

Samsung NF210 & NF310
Lenovo Thinkpad T410s

so...

Signoff x86_64
--
Schoene Gruesse
Chris

Old 01-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Smith Dhumbumroong

Another signoff from x86_64.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Genes MailLists

On 01/05/2012 09:19 AM, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.2 series for both arches.

New arch user for a month (cannot sign off so just offering feedback)

No problems so far on a couple of computers including lenovo laptop
w520 (gen 2 sandybridge i7, iwlwifi etc).

I note also that a new iproute2 is available as per:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/1/5/441

Thank you!!

gene

Old 01-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Jonathan Vasquez

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.2 series for both arches.
>
> Upstream
> changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> greetings
> tpowa
> --
> Tobias Powalowski
> Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
> http://www.archlinux.org
> tpowa@archlinux.org

You might want to hold off on that sign off. There is a Regression Bug
affecting Intel users in the final source of 3.2

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTAzNzk

--
Jonathan Vasquez

Old 01-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am 06.01.2012 02:58, schrieb Jonathan Vasquez:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Tobias Powalowski
> <tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> please signoff 3.2 series for both arches.
>>
>> Upstream
>> changes:
>> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>>
>> greetings
>> tpowa
>> --
>> Tobias Powalowski
>> Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
>> http://www.archlinux.org
>> tpowa@archlinux.org
>>
> You might want to hold off on that sign off. There is a Regression Bug
> affecting Intel users in the final source of 3.2
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTAzNzk

We are not affected by this we don't enable iommu by default.
You need to activate it with your posted link.
intel_iommu=on
So no issue for arch users.

greetings
tpowa

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 01-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Jonathan Vasquez

On Jan 6, 2012 3:27 AM, "Tobias Powalowski" <
tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 06.01.2012 02:58, schrieb Jonathan Vasquez:
> > On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Tobias Powalowski
> > <tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi guys,
> >> please signoff 3.2 series for both arches.
> >>
> >> Upstream
> >> changes:
> >> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
> >>
> >> greetings
> >> tpowa
> >> --
> >> Tobias Powalowski
> >> Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
> >> http://www.archlinux.org
> >> tpowa@archlinux.org
> >>
> > You might want to hold off on that sign off. There is a Regression Bug
> > affecting Intel users in the final source of 3.2
> >
> > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTAzNzk
> >

> We are not affected by this we don't enable iommu by default.
> You need to activate it with your posted link.
> intel_iommu=on
> So no issue for arch users.
>
> greetings
> tpowa
>
> --
> Tobias Powalowski
> Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
> http://www.archlinux.org
> tpowa@archlinux.org

Alright that's good then.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Laurent Carlier

2012/1/5 Tobias Powalowski <tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com>

> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.2 series for both arches.
>
> Upstream
> changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> greetings
> tpowa
> --
> Tobias Powalowski
> Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
> http://www.archlinux.org
> tpowa@archlinux.org

No sign off here, wifi on my laptop doesn't work anymore.

It seem the driver brcmsmac (chipset broadcom) isn't available, reverting
to 3.1.6 fixes the problem.

++

Old 01-06-2012, 09:41 PM
jwbirdsong

On 01/06/2012 01:39 PM, Laurent Carlier wrote:
> 2012/1/5 Tobias Powalowski <tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com>
>
>> Hi guys,
>> please signoff 3.2 series for both arches.
>>
>> Upstream
>> changes:
>> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>>
>> greetings
>> tpowa
>> --
>> Tobias Powalowski
>> Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
>> http://www.archlinux.org
>> tpowa@archlinux.org
>>

> No sign off here, wifi on my laptop doesn't work anymore.
>
> It seem the driver brcmsmac (chipset broadcom) isn't available, reverting
> to 3.1.6 fixes the problem.
>
> ++

I don't have/use it (brcmsmac) so can't verify; but was just reading
this an hour or so before read your mail..
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/27844?