Old 01-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Allan McRae

Default packages for signing?

Do we want to do a mass rebuild for the packages in [extra] that are not
yet signed?

There are currently 800 packages remaining unsigned. In December,
around 20 to 30 packages were newly signed, so if we stick at that rate
we will have [extra] fully signed by mid 2014...

Allan

Old 01-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Ionut Biru

On 01/03/2012 02:25 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
> Do we want to do a mass rebuild for the packages in [extra] that are not
> yet signed?
>
> There are currently 800 packages remaining unsigned. In December,
> around 20 to 30 packages were newly signed, so if we stick at that rate
> we will have [extra] fully signed by mid 2014...
>
> Allan

we could start libpng 1.5 rebuild

--
IonuÈ›

Old 01-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 03.01.2012 13:27, schrieb Ionut Biru:
> On 01/03/2012 02:25 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
>> Do we want to do a mass rebuild for the packages in [extra] that are not
>> yet signed?
>>
>> There are currently 800 packages remaining unsigned. In December,
>> around 20 to 30 packages were newly signed, so if we stick at that rate
>> we will have [extra] fully signed by mid 2014...
>>
>> Allan
>
> we could start libpng 1.5 rebuild

Sounds like a good idea. After that, we'll see how many packages are
left unsigned.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Do we want to do a mass rebuild for the packages in [extra] that are not
> yet signed?
>
> There are currently 800 packages remaining unsigned. *In December,
> around 20 to 30 packages were newly signed, so if we stick at that rate
> we will have [extra] fully signed by mid 2014...
>
> Allan

FYI, there is a major libtiff and a minor xine-lib rebuild in the
pipeline. They'll happen when the current db and libarchive rebuild
will be done or maybe earlier if they don't overlap with each other.

There is also an upcoming bash-completion rebuild (the completions
will be moved from /etc to /usr/share) but I'm waiting for pacman 4 to
leave testing for that. I'm not really sure why it's still in
testing...

There's the possibility of several unsigned packages ending up on
these todo list so it might be worth while to wait after these
rebuilds before doing any package signing rebuild.

Eric

Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Ionut Biru

On 01/03/2012 08:43 PM, Eric Bélanger wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Do we want to do a mass rebuild for the packages in [extra] that are not
>> yet signed?
>>
>> There are currently 800 packages remaining unsigned. In December,
>> around 20 to 30 packages were newly signed, so if we stick at that rate
>> we will have [extra] fully signed by mid 2014...
>>
>> Allan
>
> FYI, there is a major libtiff and a minor xine-lib rebuild in the
> pipeline. They'll happen when the current db and libarchive rebuild
> will be done or maybe earlier if they don't overlap with each other.
>
> There is also an upcoming bash-completion rebuild (the completions
> will be moved from /etc to /usr/share) but I'm waiting for pacman 4 to
> leave testing for that. I'm not really sure why it's still in
> testing...

ok then, libpng rebuild can wait until those are done.

I'm not very happy starting this since we almost for sure need to patch
every package, unless they gained support in this time.

--
IonuÈ›

Old 01-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Allan McRae

On 04/01/12 05:02, Ionut Biru wrote:
> On 01/03/2012 08:43 PM, Eric Bélanger wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>>> Do we want to do a mass rebuild for the packages in [extra] that are not
>>> yet signed?
>>>
>>> There are currently 800 packages remaining unsigned. In December,
>>> around 20 to 30 packages were newly signed, so if we stick at that rate
>>> we will have [extra] fully signed by mid 2014...
>>>
>>> Allan
>>
>> FYI, there is a major libtiff and a minor xine-lib rebuild in the
>> pipeline. They'll happen when the current db and libarchive rebuild
>> will be done or maybe earlier if they don't overlap with each other.
>>
>> There is also an upcoming bash-completion rebuild (the completions
>> will be moved from /etc to /usr/share) but I'm waiting for pacman 4 to
>> leave testing for that. I'm not really sure why it's still in
>> testing...
>>

> ok then, libpng rebuild can wait until those are done.
>
> I'm not very happy starting this since we almost for sure need to patch
> every package, unless they gained support in this time.

Wouldn't the libpng and libtiff rebuilds overlap substantially. It
might be worth doing both at the same time.

Allan

Old 01-04-2012, 04:24 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 04/01/12 05:02, Ionut Biru wrote:

>>> FYI, there is a major libtiff and a minor xine-lib *rebuild in the
>>> pipeline. *They'll happen when the current db and libarchive rebuild
>>> will be done or maybe earlier if they don't overlap with each other.
>>>
>>> There is also an upcoming bash-completion rebuild (the completions
>>> will be moved from /etc to /usr/share) but I'm waiting for pacman 4 to
>>> leave testing for that. I'm not really sure why it's still in
>>> testing...
>>>

>> ok then, libpng rebuild can wait until those are done.
>>
>> I'm not very happy starting this since we almost for sure need to patch
>> every package, unless they gained support in this time.
>>

> Wouldn't the libpng and libtiff rebuilds overlap substantially. *It
> might be worth doing both at the same time.
>
> Allan

I just checked and, indeed, there's significant overlap between the
libpng and libtiff rebuild so doing them together would definitely be
worthwhile. We should wait for the current rebuilds to be completed
then coordinate a png/tiff rebuild.