Old 12-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Tom Gundersen

Default new manpages

Hi guys,

Initscripts in [testing] contain some new man pages documenting
/etc/{rc.conf,locale.conf,vconsole.conf,hostname}, intended for the
next iso release.

Corrections and comments welcome (preferably in the form of patches to
arch-projects...).

Cheers,

Tom

Old 12-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Leonid Isaev

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:38:31 +0100
Tom Gundersen <teg@jklm.no> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Initscripts in [testing] contain some new man pages documenting
> /etc/{rc.conf,locale.conf,vconsole.conf,hostname}, intended for the
> next iso release.
>
> Corrections and comments welcome (preferably in the form of patches to
> arch-projects...).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom

Thank you for this release!

A problem though: I get a failure while setting timezone on a ro root
with /etc/localtime symlinked to /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago, which
seems to be caused by this:
$ grep zoneinfo /etc/rc.d/functions -m1
local tz=$1 zonefile=/usr/share/zoneinfo/$tz

so $zonefile is only /usr/share/zoneinfo instead
of /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago. Later set_timezone() attempts to
force-symlink /etc/localtime and fails of course. The fix is to replace the
above stanza with:
local tz=$1
local zonefile=/usr/share/zoneinfo/$tz

Happy New Year!

--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key ID: 164B5A6D

Old 12-31-2011, 11:10 PM
Tom Gundersen

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Leonid Isaev <lisaev@umail.iu.edu> wrote:
> A problem though: I get a failure while setting timezone on a ro root
> with /etc/localtime symlinked to /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago, which
> seems to be caused by this:
> $ grep zoneinfo /etc/rc.d/functions -m1
> * * * *local tz=$1 zonefile=/usr/share/zoneinfo/$tz
>
> so $zonefile is only /usr/share/zoneinfo instead
> of /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago. Later set_timezone() attempts to
> force-symlink /etc/localtime and fails of course. The fix is to replace the
> above stanza with:
> local tz=$1
> local zonefile=/usr/share/zoneinfo/$tz

You are absolutely right. Fixed in git. Thanks for reporting!

> Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Tom