Old 12-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Tom Gundersen

Default filesystem-2011.12 manual intervention required

Hi guys,

We are finalizing the move to libmonut based mount, paving the way for
read-only root, by moving /etc/mtab into the filesystem package. This
used to be a dynamic file generated at boot and updated at runtime,
but as of the last initscripts package it was simply a symlink to
/proc/self/mounts.

This symlink was created at boot (at the same place the old mtab was
generated), but this turned out to cause a few problems.

Sadly, moving the symlink to 'filesystem' requires user intervention,
which I will write a news item about. The essential message will be:

"Please upgrade the filesystem package using 'pacman -Sf filesystem'
in order to overwrite /etc/mtab."

Please test and signoff, as I'd like to make the move to core rather quickly.

Cheers,

Tom

Mon Dec 19 19:30:02 2011