Old 12-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Dave Reisner

Default deb2targz in Arch Linux

Hi Mike,

I'm a developer with the Arch Linux team. I was notified of your post
[1] by another dev. I'm not familiar with this Aram fellow, but please
do not let this stop you from removing the source on your server. Every
Arch installation includes bsdtar, which is also capable of ripping
apart .deb archives. Additionally, the only packages to use deb2targz
are packages in the user repository -- unsupported by the dev team.

We've already removed deb2targz from our community repo.

Thanks,
Dave

[1] http://www.miketaylor.org.uk/tech/deb/