FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-30-2007, 02:07 AM
Eric Belanger
 
Default Third list of removal candidates

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Roman Kyrylych wrote:

>
> kdesu provide same functionality
>> libidl unused lib
>> libsvg unused lib
> Aren't they just non-specified depends? Names sound like they are/was
> important somewhere.

I guess that libgnomesu was also in your above list. The libgnomesu
package has the gnomesu utility which does the same thing as gksu or
kdesu. That might be an incentive to keep it in the repo if someone wants
to maintain it.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.


_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-30-2007, 06:23 AM
"Jan de Groot"
 
Default Third list of removal candidates

> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: arch-dev-public-bounces@archlinux.org [mailto:arch-dev-public-
> bounces@archlinux.org] Namens Eric Belanger
> Verzonden: vrijdag 30 november 2007 4:08
> Aan: Public mailing list for ArchLinux development
> Onderwerp: Re: [arch-dev-public] Third list of removal candidates
>
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
>
> >
> > kdesu provide same functionality
> >> libidl unused lib
> >> libsvg unused lib
> > Aren't they just non-specified depends? Names sound like they are/was
> > important somewhere.
>
> I guess that libgnomesu was also in your above list. The libgnomesu
> package has the gnomesu utility which does the same thing as gksu or
> kdesu. That might be an incentive to keep it in the repo if someone
> wants
> to maintain it.

Libgnomesu was imported into the repositories for gnome-cups-manager. I was
against adding it, though I had no option: replacing the su helper to gksu
didn't work those days.

Gnome-cups-manager seems to depend on a "gnomesu" package now, which also
provides this binary. I think we can remove libgnomesu.


_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-30-2007, 09:56 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"
 
Default Third list of removal candidates

2007/11/30, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net>:
> > -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> > Van: arch-dev-public-bounces@archlinux.org [mailto:arch-dev-public-
> > bounces@archlinux.org] Namens Eric Belanger
> > Verzonden: vrijdag 30 november 2007 4:08
> > Aan: Public mailing list for ArchLinux development
> > Onderwerp: Re: [arch-dev-public] Third list of removal candidates
> >
> > On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > kdesu provide same functionality
> > >> libidl unused lib
> > >> libsvg unused lib
> > > Aren't they just non-specified depends? Names sound like they are/was
> > > important somewhere.
> >
> > I guess that libgnomesu was also in your above list. The libgnomesu
> > package has the gnomesu utility which does the same thing as gksu or
> > kdesu. That might be an incentive to keep it in the repo if someone
> > wants
> > to maintain it.
>
> Libgnomesu was imported into the repositories for gnome-cups-manager. I was
> against adding it, though I had no option: replacing the su helper to gksu
> didn't work those days.
>
> Gnome-cups-manager seems to depend on a "gnomesu" package now, which also
> provides this binary. I think we can remove libgnomesu.
>

hdoria asked for a removal of gnome-system-tools & depends from Unstable.
We can do this during this cleanup round.
The replacement in Community is up-to-date now, and patches sent upstream.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)
_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
James Rayner
 
Default Third list of removal candidates

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 05:22:56PM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> speedtouch modem drivers, should be kept
> > tiacx (in unstable) wireless drivers, should be kept
> > tiacx-mm (in unstable) wireless drivers, should be kept
> If no one has any of this hardware, maybe we can "spread the love"
> around and just adopt them for the sake of it?

There's been more up to date patches elsewhere for a while. tiacx was in
-mm, and there might have been a rewrite somewhere around for the new
wireless frameworks. Havn't looked since I stopped maintaining beyond,
so I've got no idea of the status now.

>
> > wxpython Description: A wxWidgets GUI toolkit for Python.
> Are you *sure* this isn't a dep anywhere? I thought wxpython was used
> in quite a lot of places

I'll take it if nobody wants it

> > zsh very popular. iphitus will adopt if nobody else will
> Someone want to adopt this and get it off the list? Jeff? James?

Jeff actually uses it, so he's a better maintainer.

> vbetool

I use this in my own suspend script. It's used in other scripts too. It
fixes problems with various laptop displays not returning. I'll adopt.

Cheers!

James

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-30-2007, 02:15 PM
"Jeff Mickey"
 
Default Third list of removal candidates

On Nov 30, 2007 7:38 AM, James Rayner <iphitus@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 05:22:56PM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > > zsh very popular. iphitus will adopt if nobody else will
> > Someone want to adopt this and get it off the list? Jeff? James?
>
> Jeff actually uses it, so he's a better maintainer.

Adopted.

// jeff
--
.: [ + carpe diem totus tuus + ] : .

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Tom K
 
Default Third list of removal candidates

Eric Belanger wrote:
> httptunnel Description: httptunnel creates a bidirectional virtual
Adopted, for sentimental reasons

> tiacx (in unstable) wireless drivers, should be kept
> tiacx-mm (in unstable) wireless drivers, should be kept
Adopted. I don't have the hardware, but jra pokes me everytime it needs
an update, and then tests it. Current out-of-tree version is still the
only reliable one, but an in-kernel mac80211-ish rewrite is in the works.

T.

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:29 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org