FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-27-2007, 06:08 AM
Eric Belanger
 
Default Package removal update

For those who are not subscribed to the commits ML, here's the latest
batch of packages that were removed from extra in the current cleanup:

Completely removed:
edb

Moved to community:
divx4linux
freetype1
gpsdrive

Moved to unsupported:
bidwatcher
blam
cccp
cplay
cvsfs
dcd
epic4
galeon
gentoo
gnet1
grcm
ircii-pana
lam
lib3ds
libast
libtrash
madplay
prozilla
ptabtools
samplicator
chgres
xforms
libping
dump
lineak_defaultplugin
lineak_xosdplugin
lineakd
lprng
castle-combat
service-discovery-applet





--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.


_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Paul Mattal
 
Default Package removal update

Eric Belanger wrote:
> For those who are not subscribed to the commits ML, here's the latest
> batch of packages that were removed from extra in the current cleanup:
>
> Completely removed:
> edb
>
> Moved to community:
> divx4linux
> freetype1
> gpsdrive
>
> Moved to unsupported:
> bidwatcher
> blam
> cccp
> cplay
> cvsfs
> dcd
> epic4
> galeon
> gentoo
> gnet1
> grcm
> ircii-pana
> lam
> lib3ds
> libast
> libtrash
> madplay
> prozilla
> ptabtools
> samplicator
> chgres
> xforms
> libping
> dump

Why is xfsdump (to dump xfs) in core but dump (for ext2/3) in
unsupported?

It seems we should support dump for filesystems we support. I'll
take dump into core if desired. Or we could move xfsdump and dump
both into extra.

- P

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default Package removal update

On Nov 27, 2007 7:33 AM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
> Why is xfsdump (to dump xfs) in core but dump (for ext2/3) in
> unsupported?

Because no one brought this point up earlier 8)

> It seems we should support dump for filesystems we support. I'll
> take dump into core if desired. Or we could move xfsdump and dump
> both into extra.

I agree we should stay consistent, but how important are these apps? I
know I've never used or heard of anyone using them. I'd guess they're
recovery type tools, but we have a lot of those in extra already.
Would anyone have a problem with both of them being in extra?

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Paul Mattal
 
Default Package removal update

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2007 7:33 AM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
>> Why is xfsdump (to dump xfs) in core but dump (for ext2/3) in
>> unsupported?
>
> Because no one brought this point up earlier 8)
>
>> It seems we should support dump for filesystems we support. I'll
>> take dump into core if desired. Or we could move xfsdump and dump
>> both into extra.
>
> I agree we should stay consistent, but how important are these apps? I
> know I've never used or heard of anyone using them. I'd guess they're
> recovery type tools, but we have a lot of those in extra already.
> Would anyone have a problem with both of them being in extra?

I think having both in extra would be fine. If someone moves
xfsdump, I'll bring dump up from unsupported to extra and maintain it.

- P

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default Package removal update

On Nov 27, 2007 2:33 PM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
>
> Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > On Nov 27, 2007 7:33 AM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
> >> It seems we should support dump for filesystems we support. I'll
> >> take dump into core if desired. Or we could move xfsdump and dump
> >> both into extra.
> >
> > I agree we should stay consistent, but how important are these apps? I
> > know I've never used or heard of anyone using them. I'd guess they're
> > recovery type tools, but we have a lot of those in extra already.
> > Would anyone have a problem with both of them being in extra?
>
> I think having both in extra would be fine. If someone moves
> xfsdump, I'll bring dump up from unsupported to extra and maintain it.

Done, moved xfsdump to extra.

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-28-2007, 05:24 PM
"Dan McGee"
 
Default Package removal update

On Nov 27, 2007 3:04 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2007 2:33 PM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
> >
> > Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > > On Nov 27, 2007 7:33 AM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
> > >> It seems we should support dump for filesystems we support. I'll
> > >> take dump into core if desired. Or we could move xfsdump and dump
> > >> both into extra.
> > >
> > > I agree we should stay consistent, but how important are these apps? I
> > > know I've never used or heard of anyone using them. I'd guess they're
> > > recovery type tools, but we have a lot of those in extra already.
> > > Would anyone have a problem with both of them being in extra?
> >
> > I think having both in extra would be fine. If someone moves
> > xfsdump, I'll bring dump up from unsupported to extra and maintain it.
>
> Done, moved xfsdump to extra.

xfsdump needs a rebuild to remove its groups entry, since it is no
longer in base.

-Dan

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-28-2007, 06:55 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default Package removal update

On Nov 28, 2007 12:24 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2007 3:04 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Done, moved xfsdump to extra.
>
> xfsdump needs a rebuild to remove its groups entry, since it is no
> longer in base.

Done. Good catch

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:00 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org