Old 11-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Dan McGee

Default Recreate empty missing filesystem directories

This is fixed in pacman 4.0, but thought people might find this super
simple script helpful. A lot of people will find `/etc/cron.hourly/`
missing due to the removal of the adjtime cronjob; but at least on my
system there were a few more missing directories found.

$ sudo /tmp/find-missing-dirs.sh
Password:
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/devices/
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/devices/
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/devices/

$ sudo /tmp/find-missing-dirs.sh | xargs sudo mkdir

$ sudo /tmp/find-missing-dirs.sh

-Dan

$ cat /tmp/find-missing-dirs.sh
#!/bin/bash

IFS=$'
'
for path in $(pacman -Qql | grep '/$' | sort | uniq); do
if [[ ! -d $path ]]; then
echo $path
fi
done

Old 11-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Tuesday 15 November 2011 12:29:08 Dan McGee wrote:
> This is fixed in pacman 4.0, but thought people might find this super
> simple script helpful. A lot of people will find `/etc/cron.hourly/`
> missing due to the removal of the adjtime cronjob; but at least on my
> system there were a few more missing directories found.
I sporadically run `pacman -Qk | grep "No such file"` which found 3~5 missing
files everytime. Obviously /var/run dirs doesn't count.
Just my two cents.

--
Andrea