Old 11-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Tom Gundersen

Default initscripts-2011.11.1

Hi guys,

A new initscripts release is now in [testing].

Not anything too exciting, so I hope this will be a calm release.

Please test and signoff in the webinterface.

Cheers,

Tom

BUGS:
Fix locale.sh for zsh and a few other issues

CLEANUP:
Improve shutdown and killall logic
Remove minilogd (we are now arch=any )

FEATURES:
Parse environment files as such, and not as bash (thanks to Dave)
Add preliminary vconsole.conf support

Full log:

Dave Reisner (7):
avoid unnecessary escaping of newlines
fix non-uniform indentation
functions: remove redundant 'return $?'
functions: properly quote ${mounts[@]}
functions: declare locale vars in an array for reuse
functions: implement a environment file parser
PKGBUILD: use %Y%m%d format instead of %s

Jelle van der Waa (1):
Fix misspelt error message

Tom Gundersen (10):
config: add /etc/vconsole.conf support
bits, bytes, who cares?
udev: exit on shutdown
udev: binary moved, require 174
locale: fix locale.sh for zsh
minilogd: kill
rc.shutdown: reorder a bit
swapoff: umount swap-backed fs before switching off swap
bootlog: filter out some more escapecodes
locale.sh: fix LC_TELEPHONE/LC_MEASUREMENT

Old 11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Dave Reisner

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 06:22:28PM +1100, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> A new initscripts release is now in [testing].
>
> Not anything too exciting, so I hope this will be a calm release.
>
> Please test and signoff in the webinterface.

It doesn't affect my signoff, but we're going to get some noise about
this (we already have via FS#26797). Any /etc/rc.d script whose shebang
is /bin/sh and sources /etc/rc.d/functions is going to see a syntax
error. We don't have a lot of these in the repos:

$ grep -ZrFl '/etc/rc.d/functions' /var/abs |
xargs -0 gawk 'FNR == 1 && $0 ~ //sh/ { print FILENAME }'

yields:

/var/abs/extra/ifplugd/ifplugd.action
/var/abs/community/esekeyd/esekeyd.rc
/var/abs/community/dkfilter/dkfilter-rc
/var/abs/community/mediaproxy/mediaproxy.init
/var/abs/community/webfs/webfsd.rc
/var/abs/community/libvirt/libvirtd-guests.rc.d
/var/abs/community/trac/tracd
/var/abs/community/pound/pound.runit
/var/abs/community/gnump3d/gnump3d

Should be a quick fix...

Old 11-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Dave Reisner

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 08:38:51AM -0500, Dave Reisner wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 06:22:28PM +1100, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > A new initscripts release is now in [testing].
> >
> > Not anything too exciting, so I hope this will be a calm release.
> >
> > Please test and signoff in the webinterface.
> >

> It doesn't affect my signoff, but we're going to get some noise about
> this (we already have via FS#26797). Any /etc/rc.d script whose shebang
> is /bin/sh and sources /etc/rc.d/functions is going to see a syntax
> error. We don't have a lot of these in the repos:
>
> $ grep -ZrFl '/etc/rc.d/functions' /var/abs |
> xargs -0 gawk 'FNR == 1 && $0 ~ //sh/ { print FILENAME }'
>
> yields:
>
> /var/abs/extra/ifplugd/ifplugd.action
> /var/abs/community/esekeyd/esekeyd.rc
> /var/abs/community/dkfilter/dkfilter-rc
> /var/abs/community/mediaproxy/mediaproxy.init
> /var/abs/community/webfs/webfsd.rc
> /var/abs/community/libvirt/libvirtd-guests.rc.d
> /var/abs/community/trac/tracd
> /var/abs/community/pound/pound.runit
> /var/abs/community/gnump3d/gnump3d
>
> Should be a quick fix...

Well, ok. It doesn't affect my signoff, but I typo'd something that I
somehow didn't catch in testing. No signoff, patch coming soon to an
arch-projects ML near you.