FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Thomas Bächler
 
Default cryptsetup 1.4.0-1

Upstream update.

This also adds the new (optional) options field to cryptsetup. If you
use a SSD, you can change
cryptdevice=/dev/foo:bar
to
cryptdevice=/dev/foo:bar:allow-discards
to enable discard functionality on the crypto mapping.
 
Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Geert Hendrickx
 
Default cryptsetup 1.4.0-1

Appears to work fine, however I noticed a change in cryptsetup status output:

/dev/mapper/cryptswap is active.
type: PLAIN
cipher: aes-cbc-essiv:sha256
- keysize: 256 bits
+ keysize: 0 bits
device: /dev/xvda1
offset: 0 sectors
size: 2097152 sectors

(both on the existing crypted partition and after re-configuring it using
the newer cryptsetup)

Is this to be worried about?


Geert


--
geert.hendrickx.be :: geert@hendrickx.be :: PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F
This e-mail was composed using 100% recycled spam messages!
 
Old 10-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Thomas Bächler
 
Default cryptsetup 1.4.0-1

Am 31.10.2011 12:54, schrieb Geert Hendrickx:
> Appears to work fine, however I noticed a change in cryptsetup status output:
>
> /dev/mapper/cryptswap is active.
> type: PLAIN
> cipher: aes-cbc-essiv:sha256
> - keysize: 256 bits
> + keysize: 0 bits
> device: /dev/xvda1
> offset: 0 sectors
> size: 2097152 sectors
>
> (both on the existing crypted partition and after re-configuring it using
> the newer cryptsetup)
>
> Is this to be worried about?

I can't reproduce this here:

/dev/mapper/pv is active and is in use.
type: LUKS1
cipher: aes-xts-plain
keysize: 384 bits
device: /dev/sda2
offset: 3016 sectors
size: 625034984 sectors
mode: read/write

Your output seems wrong, but if everything works, I wouldn't worry. Can
anyone else see this?
 
Old 10-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Geert Hendrickx
 
Default cryptsetup 1.4.0-1

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 13:11:31 +0100, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 31.10.2011 12:54, schrieb Geert Hendrickx:
> > Appears to work fine, however I noticed a change in cryptsetup status output:
> >
> > /dev/mapper/cryptswap is active.
> > type: PLAIN
> > cipher: aes-cbc-essiv:sha256
> > - keysize: 256 bits
> > + keysize: 0 bits
> > device: /dev/xvda1
> > offset: 0 sectors
> > size: 2097152 sectors
> >
> > (both on the existing crypted partition and after re-configuring it using
> > the newer cryptsetup)
> >
> > Is this to be worried about?
>
> I can't reproduce this here:
>
> /dev/mapper/pv is active and is in use.
> type: LUKS1
> cipher: aes-xts-plain
> keysize: 384 bits
> device: /dev/sda2
> offset: 3016 sectors
> size: 625034984 sectors
> mode: read/write
>
> Your output seems wrong, but if everything works, I wouldn't worry. Can
> anyone else see this?



I can reproduce this on three different systems, two (similar) i686 VPS'es,
and my x86_64 desktop PC, all with cryptsetup 1.4.0-1.


Geert


--
geert.hendrickx.be :: geert@hendrickx.be :: PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F
This e-mail was composed using 100% recycled spam messages!
 
Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Geert Hendrickx
 
Default cryptsetup 1.4.0-1

Apparantly this affects only plain volumes (not luks),
and will be fixed in 1.4.1:

http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/issues/detail?id=115

You may want to include the patch already?
http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/source/detail?r=665#


Geert


--
geert.hendrickx.be :: geert@hendrickx.be :: PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F
This e-mail was composed using 100% recycled spam messages!
 
Old 10-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Thomas Bächler
 
Default cryptsetup 1.4.0-1

Am 31.10.2011 13:18, schrieb Geert Hendrickx:
> Apparantly this affects only plain volumes (not luks),
> and will be fixed in 1.4.1:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/issues/detail?id=115
>
> You may want to include the patch already?
> http://code.google.com/p/cryptsetup/source/detail?r=665#

Not sure if I wanna rebuild for that, this is a minor problem.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org