FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Pierre Schmitz
 
Default Finalizing the package signing process

Hi all,

it's about time to finalize our signing policy to get all our packages
properly signed as soon as possible. Note that this is just about
signing the package itself. How we will manage our keyring and sign that
one using master keys is a different story.

At first please have a look at
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Signing_Packages and
let me know if there is anything wrong or unclear. I would like to
present this little Howto to the TU so that community packages can be
signed as well.

To speed things up I'd like to let dbscripts enforce signed packages.
This means that from now on no new packages can be uploaded that don't
have a signature. We may give the TU a ew days mroe time as this will be
new to them.

If you just agree with all this send a +1.

Greetings,

Pierre

--
Pierre Schmitz, http://pierre-schmitz.com
 
Old 10-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Thomas Bächler
 
Default Finalizing the package signing process

Am 30.10.2011 14:12, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> To speed things up I'd like to let dbscripts enforce signed packages.
> This means that from now on no new packages can be uploaded that don't
> have a signature.

+1

> We may give the TU a ew days mroe time as this will be
> new to them.

-1 - they had more than enough time.
 
Old 10-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Guillaume ALAUX
 
Default Finalizing the package signing process

On 30 October 2011 14:22, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 30/10/11 23:12, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>>
>> If you just agree with all this send a +1.
>
> +1
>

Sounds good.

--
Guillaume
 
Old 10-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Allan McRae
 
Default Finalizing the package signing process

On 30/10/11 23:12, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

If you just agree with all this send a +1.


+1
 
Old 10-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Tom Gundersen
 
Default Finalizing the package signing process

On Sunday 30 October 2011 14:12:20 Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it's about time to finalize our signing policy to get all our packages
> properly signed as soon as possible. Note that this is just about
> signing the package itself. How we will manage our keyring and sign that
> one using master keys is a different story.
>
> At first please have a look at
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Signing_Packages and
> let me know if there is anything wrong or unclear. I would like to
> present this little Howto to the TU so that community packages can be
> signed as well.
>
> To speed things up I'd like to let dbscripts enforce signed packages.
> This means that from now on no new packages can be uploaded that don't
> have a signature. We may give the TU a ew days mroe time as this will be
> new to them.
>
> If you just agree with all this send a +1.

+1 to enforce signed packages. This has been discussed for months and creating
a key takes only a few seconds.

-t
 
Old 10-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Giovanni Scafora
 
Default Finalizing the package signing process

Il 30/10/2011 14:12, Pierre Schmitz ha scritto:

Hi all,

it's about time to finalize our signing policy to get all our packages
properly signed as soon as possible. Note that this is just about
signing the package itself. How we will manage our keyring and sign that
one using master keys is a different story.

At first please have a look at
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Signing_Packages and
let me know if there is anything wrong or unclear. I would like to
present this little Howto to the TU so that community packages can be
signed as well.

To speed things up I'd like to let dbscripts enforce signed packages.
This means that from now on no new packages can be uploaded that don't
have a signature. We may give the TU a ew days mroe time as this will be
new to them.

If you just agree with all this send a +1.


+1


--
Arch Linux Developer
http://www.archlinux.org
http://www.archlinux.it
 
Old 10-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Ronald van Haren
 
Default Finalizing the package signing process

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Giovanni Scafora
<giovanni@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Il 30/10/2011 14:12, Pierre Schmitz ha scritto:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> it's about time to finalize our signing policy to get all our packages
>> properly signed as soon as possible. Note that this is just about
>> signing the package itself. How we will manage our keyring and sign that
>> one using master keys is a different story.
>>
>> At first please have a look at
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Signing_Packages and
>> let me know if there is anything wrong or unclear. I would like to
>> present this little Howto to the TU so that community packages can be
>> signed as well.
>>
>> To speed things up I'd like to let dbscripts enforce signed packages.
>> This means that from now on no new packages can be uploaded that don't
>> have a signature. We may give the TU a ew days mroe time as this will be
>> new to them.
>>
>> If you just agree with all this send a +1.
>
> +1
>
>
> --
> Arch Linux Developer
> http://www.archlinux.org
> http://www.archlinux.it
>

+1

Ronald
 
Old 10-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Dave Reisner
 
Default Finalizing the package signing process

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 02:12:20PM +0100, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it's about time to finalize our signing policy to get all our packages
> properly signed as soon as possible. Note that this is just about
> signing the package itself. How we will manage our keyring and sign that
> one using master keys is a different story.
>
> At first please have a look at
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Signing_Packages and
> let me know if there is anything wrong or unclear. I would like to
> present this little Howto to the TU so that community packages can be
> signed as well.
>
> To speed things up I'd like to let dbscripts enforce signed packages.
> This means that from now on no new packages can be uploaded that don't
> have a signature. We may give the TU a ew days mroe time as this will be
> new to them.
>
> If you just agree with all this send a +1.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre
>
> --
> Pierre Schmitz, http://pierre-schmitz.com

+1.
 
Old 10-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Florian Pritz
 
Default Finalizing the package signing process

On 30.10.2011 14:12, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> If you just agree with all this send a +1.

+1

PS: we should get a voting system

--
Florian Pritz
 
Old 10-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Andrea Scarpino
 
Default Finalizing the package signing process

On 30 October 2011 14:14, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 30.10.2011 14:12, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
>> To speed things up I'd like to let dbscripts enforce signed packages.
>> This means that from now on no new packages can be uploaded that don't
>> have a signature.
>
> +1
>
>> We may give the TU a ew days mroe time as this will be
>> new to them.
>
> -1 - they had more than enough time.
I agree with Thomas, +1 about dbscripts. -1 about more time to the TUs.

--
Andrea
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:31 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org