FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-27-2007, 12:58 AM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default msmtp, ssmtp, nbsmtp - 3 smpt forwarder in extra

On Dec 29, 2007 7:15 PM, Tobias Kieslich <tobias@justdreams.de> wrote:
> I don't use msmtp anymore.

Same, i dropped it for mutt's support. Still, it was easier to setup
than the others so I'll maintain it if someone wants...

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-27-2007, 02:39 AM
"Dan McGee"
 
Default msmtp, ssmtp, nbsmtp - 3 smpt forwarder in extra

On Nov 26, 2007 7:58 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2007 7:15 PM, Tobias Kieslich <tobias@justdreams.de> wrote:
> > I don't use msmtp anymore.
>
> Same, i dropped it for mutt's support. Still, it was easier to setup
> than the others so I'll maintain it if someone wants...

I'm one of the few who doesn't use a command line email client
(gasp!), so I use msmtp for outgoing emails because it is super easy
to set up. If no one else, I'd take it.

nbsmtp? I'd vote to get rid of it just because I didn't know it existed.

-Dan

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-27-2007, 10:07 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default msmtp, ssmtp, nbsmtp - 3 smpt forwarder in extra

On Nov 27, 2007 4:53 PM, Jason Chu <jason@archlinux.org> wrote:
> >>>> On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 05:15:56PM -0800, Tobias Kieslich wrote: <<<<
>
> Hail Tobias from the future!
>
> What can you tell us of your travels? How was Christmas? And Boxing Day?

This is that Canadian holiday where you guys wear boxing gloves and
punch each other, right?

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-28-2007, 08:35 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default msmtp, ssmtp, nbsmtp - 3 smpt forwarder in extra

On Nov 28, 2007 3:30 PM, Simo Leone <simo@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 05:15:56PM -0800, Tobias Kieslich wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it's been talked about it a bit. Jason said he is using ssmtp and he
> > is willing to maintain it in extra. I was using msmtp but with mutt's
> > new build in smtp (for those who havn't heard it b4, yes you heard
> > right: mutt build in and smtp in one sentence) I don't use msmtp
> > anymore. I don't say msmtp is a bad program. I just think we should ship
> > maybe only one forwarder in extra and I'm fine with ssmtp. Anyone using
> > nbsmtp at all?
> >
> Hmmm you know I was wondering why this thread was out of order in my
> mail reader... then I realized you sent it tomorrow.

Back on topic, thanks.

I say we keep msmtp and ssmtp, and remove nbsmtp - any problems with
that? i will gladly maintain msmtp if no one wants it.

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-29-2007, 11:14 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"
 
Default msmtp, ssmtp, nbsmtp - 3 smpt forwarder in extra

2007/11/29, Tobias Kieslich <tobias@justdreams.de>:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Jason Chu wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 03:35:01PM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > > On Nov 28, 2007 3:30 PM, Simo Leone <simo@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > > > On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 05:15:56PM -0800, Tobias Kieslich wrote:
> > > > > Hi,
> > > > >
> > > > > it's been talked about it a bit. Jason said he is using ssmtp and he
> > > > > is willing to maintain it in extra. I was using msmtp but with mutt's
> > > > > new build in smtp (for those who havn't heard it b4, yes you heard
> > > > > right: mutt build in and smtp in one sentence) I don't use msmtp
> > > > > anymore. I don't say msmtp is a bad program. I just think we should ship
> > > > > maybe only one forwarder in extra and I'm fine with ssmtp. Anyone using
> > > > > nbsmtp at all?
> > > > >
> > > > Hmmm you know I was wondering why this thread was out of order in my
> > > > mail reader... then I realized you sent it tomorrow.
> > >
> > > Back on topic, thanks.
> > >
> > > I say we keep msmtp and ssmtp, and remove nbsmtp - any problems with
> > > that? i will gladly maintain msmtp if no one wants it.
> >
> > Whoops... now I feel dumb... I just realized that I use msmtp and not
> > ssmtp.
> >
> > At this point I don't really care what happens with ssmtp.
> So I vote for getting rid of ssmtp and nbsmtp. Objections?
> Oh and I can keep maintaining it. It was never really a hassle...
>

+1 for keeping only msmtp.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)
_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:40 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org