-   -   msmtp, ssmtp, nbsmtp - 3 smpt forwarder in extra (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/5902-msmtp-ssmtp-nbsmtp-3-smpt-forwarder-extra.html)

"Aaron Griffin" 11-27-2007 12:58 AM

On Dec 29, 2007 7:15 PM, Tobias Kieslich <tobias@justdreams.de> wrote:
> I don't use msmtp anymore.

Same, i dropped it for mutt's support. Still, it was easier to setup
than the others so I'll maintain it if someone wants...

"Dan McGee" 11-27-2007 02:39 AM

On Nov 26, 2007 7:58 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2007 7:15 PM, Tobias Kieslich <tobias@justdreams.de> wrote:
> > I don't use msmtp anymore.
>
> Same, i dropped it for mutt's support. Still, it was easier to setup
> than the others so I'll maintain it if someone wants...

I'm one of the few who doesn't use a command line email client
(gasp!), so I use msmtp for outgoing emails because it is super easy
to set up. If no one else, I'd take it.

nbsmtp? I'd vote to get rid of it just because I didn't know it existed.

-Dan

"Aaron Griffin" 11-27-2007 10:07 PM

On Nov 27, 2007 4:53 PM, Jason Chu <jason@archlinux.org> wrote:

> Hail Tobias from the future!
>
> What can you tell us of your travels? How was Christmas? And Boxing Day?

This is that Canadian holiday where you guys wear boxing gloves and
punch each other, right?

"Aaron Griffin" 11-28-2007 08:35 PM

On Nov 28, 2007 3:30 PM, Simo Leone <simo@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 05:15:56PM -0800, Tobias Kieslich wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it's been talked about it a bit. Jason said he is using ssmtp and he
> > is willing to maintain it in extra. I was using msmtp but with mutt's
> > new build in smtp (for those who havn't heard it b4, yes you heard
> > right: mutt build in and smtp in one sentence) I don't use msmtp
> > anymore. I don't say msmtp is a bad program. I just think we should ship
> > maybe only one forwarder in extra and I'm fine with ssmtp. Anyone using
> > nbsmtp at all?
> >
> Hmmm you know I was wondering why this thread was out of order in my
> mail reader... then I realized you sent it tomorrow.

Back on topic, thanks.

I say we keep msmtp and ssmtp, and remove nbsmtp - any problems with
that? i will gladly maintain msmtp if no one wants it.

"Roman Kyrylych" 11-29-2007 11:14 AM

2007/11/29, Tobias Kieslich <tobias@justdreams.de>:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Jason Chu wrote:

> > > Back on topic, thanks.
> > >
> > > I say we keep msmtp and ssmtp, and remove nbsmtp - any problems with
> > > that? i will gladly maintain msmtp if no one wants it.
> >
> > Whoops... now I feel dumb... I just realized that I use msmtp and not
> > ssmtp.
> >
> > At this point I don't really care what happens with ssmtp.
> So I vote for getting rid of ssmtp and nbsmtp. Objections?
> Oh and I can keep maintaining it. It was never really a hassle...

+1 for keeping only msmtp.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)