Old 11-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Eric Belanger

Default Will there be an extra rebuild?

Hi,

Now that the core rebuild is completed, I'm wondering if an extra rebuild
is in the works. The reason behind my question is that several of my
packages will need to have their license added/fixed and some of them
haven't had a release since a long time (gtk, ogle, etc). If there will
be an extra rebuild, I'll just fix the license in cvs. Otherwise, I'll
bump the pkgrel to update them.

Eric

believed to be clean.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:01 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Nov 26, 2007 7:41 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> Now that the core rebuild is completed, I'm wondering if an extra rebuild
> is in the works. The reason behind my question is that several of my
> packages will need to have their license added/fixed and some of them
> haven't had a release since a long time (gtk, ogle, etc). If there will
> be an extra rebuild, I'll just fix the license in cvs. Otherwise, I'll
> bump the pkgrel to update them.

I assumed it was too large of an undertaking to do like core was done
- I figured each maintainer would make their own call. For instance,
mplayer might benefit more than, say, gtkpod. /me shrugs

That's my opinion, but I could go either way

Old 11-27-2007, 02:04 AM
"Travis Willard"

On Nov 26, 2007 9:01 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2007 7:41 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger@astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> > Now that the core rebuild is completed, I'm wondering if an extra rebuild
> > is in the works. The reason behind my question is that several of my
> > packages will need to have their license added/fixed and some of them
> > haven't had a release since a long time (gtk, ogle, etc). If there will
> > be an extra rebuild, I'll just fix the license in cvs. Otherwise, I'll
> > bump the pkgrel to update them.
>
> I assumed it was too large of an undertaking to do like core was done
> - I figured each maintainer would make their own call. For instance,
> mplayer might benefit more than, say, gtkpod. /me shrugs
>
> That's my opinion, but I could go either way

I've been doing most of my updates in CVS without bumping pkgrel when
I do license stuff. There's probably a good amount of packages that
now have a license in CVS, but don't in the actual repos because of
this, and I can't remember which ones I touched.