Old 10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Ionut Biru

Default nvidai 285.05.09 and xorg-server 1.11.1

Hi,

some cards(8600 is) are affected by high cpu usage and applications
freezing. Aaron tracked it down to another xorg commit...

more here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=166698

if xorg developers decide to revert, we might be able to push xorg 1.11
into extra soon, otherwise we have to wait for a new nvidia that fixes
this problem.

--
IonuČ›

Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Jan de Groot

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 16:15 +0300, Ionut Biru wrote:
> On 10/05/2011 11:15 AM, Ionut Biru wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > some cards(8600 is) are affected by high cpu usage and applications
> > freezing. Aaron tracked it down to another xorg commit...
> >
> > more here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=166698
> >
> > if xorg developers decide to revert, we might be able to push xorg 1.11
> > into extra soon, otherwise we have to wait for a new nvidia that fixes
> > this problem.
> >

> i've reverted that commit locally and it works fine. If you want to move
> xorg-server let me know and i can commit it. I hate waiting for an
> nvidia fix couples of weeks.

I have decided to revert this commit in our packages. There's a 1.11-2
package with some additional upstream patches and this reverted commit
on its way to testing.
If nobody has any objections, I'd like to move this to extra tomorrow.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Jan de Groot