Old 09-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Florian Pritz

Default ftp.archlinux.org

Hi,

A lot of people think ftp.archlinux.org is some special server and when
kernel.org was breached, I saw claims like "the packages are the same as
on ftp.archlinux.org", which made me worry that some users might trust
this server too much. Since it's also limited to 50kb/s per connection,
I think ftp.archlinux.org should either point to one of our servers,
redirect to a random server (like the archlinux.de download links) or be
removed.

If it exists for a special reason and you want to keep it, I'm fine with
that too.

--
Florian Pritz