Old 09-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Dave Reisner

Default curl-7.22.0

Hi all,

I've dropped curl 7.22.0 into [testing] in anticipation of moving it to
[core], as it's a dependency of the next release of pacman. Note that
when it moves, I'll also be moving libssh2 to core, as it's an immediate
dependency of curl.

The release is nothing unusual for curl -- some new features, some bug
fixes, and some bugs. No soname bump, despite the version minor change.
Release notes have been appended below.

Please signoff, both arches.

Curl and libcurl 7.22.0
This release includes the following changes:

o Added CURLOPT_GSSAPI_DELEGATION
o Added support for NTLM delegation to Samba's winbind daemon helper ntlm_auth
o Display notes from setup file in testcurl.pl
o BSD-style lwIP TCP/IP stack experimental support on Windows
o OpenSSL: Use SSL_MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS if available
o --delegation was added to set CURLOPT_GSSAPI_DELEGATION
o nss: start with no database if the selected database is broken
o telnet: allow programatic use on Windows

This release includes the following bugfixes:

o curl_getdate: detect some illegal dates better
o when sending a request and an error is received before the (entire) request
body is sent, stop sending the request and close the connection after
having received the entire response. This is equally true if an Expect:
100-continue header was used.
o When using both -J and a single -O with multiple URLs, a missing init
could cause a segfault
o -J fixed for escaped quotes
o -J fixed for file names with semicolons
o progress: reset flags at transfer start to avoid wrong
CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH_DOWNLOAD
o curl_gssapi: Guard files with HAVE_GSSAPI and rename private header
o silence picky compilers: mark unused parameters
o help output: more gnu like output
o libtests: stop checking for CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM
o setting a non-HTTP proxy with an environment variable or with CURLOPT_PROXY
/ --proxy (without specifying CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE) would still make it do
proxy-like HTTP requests
o CURLFORM_BUFFER: insert filename as documented (regression)
o SOCKS: fix the connect timeout
o ftp_doing: bail out on error properly while multi interfacing
o improved Content-Encoded decoding error message
o asyn-thread: check for dotted addresses before thread starts
o cmake: find winsock when building on windows
o Curl_retry_request: check return code
o cookies: handle 'secure=' as if it was 'secure'
o tests: break busy loops in tests 502, 555, and 573
o FTP: fix proxy connect race condition with multi interface and SOCKS proxy

Old 09-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Allan McRae

Le 13 Septembre 2011 17:36:53 Dave Reisner a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I've dropped curl 7.22.0 into [testing] in anticipation of moving it to
> [core], as it's a dependency of the next release of pacman. Note that
> when it moves, I'll also be moving libssh2 to core, as it's an immediate
> dependency of curl.
>
> The release is nothing unusual for curl -- some new features, some bug
> fixes, and some bugs. No soname bump, despite the version minor change.
> Release notes have been appended below.
>
> Please signoff, both arches.

> Curl and libcurl 7.22.0
> This release includes the following changes:
>
> o Added CURLOPT_GSSAPI_DELEGATION
> o Added support for NTLM delegation to Samba's winbind daemon helper
> ntlm_auth o Display notes from setup file in testcurl.pl
> o BSD-style lwIP TCP/IP stack experimental support on Windows
> o OpenSSL: Use SSL_MODE_RELEASE_BUFFERS if available
> o --delegation was added to set CURLOPT_GSSAPI_DELEGATION
> o nss: start with no database if the selected database is broken
> o telnet: allow programatic use on Windows
>
> This release includes the following bugfixes:
>
> o curl_getdate: detect some illegal dates better
> o when sending a request and an error is received before the (entire)
> request body is sent, stop sending the request and close the connection
> after having received the entire response. This is equally true if an
> Expect: 100-continue header was used.
> o When using both -J and a single -O with multiple URLs, a missing init
> could cause a segfault
> o -J fixed for escaped quotes
> o -J fixed for file names with semicolons
> o progress: reset flags at transfer start to avoid wrong
> CURLINFO_CONTENT_LENGTH_DOWNLOAD
> o curl_gssapi: Guard files with HAVE_GSSAPI and rename private header
> o silence picky compilers: mark unused parameters
> o help output: more gnu like output
> o libtests: stop checking for CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM
> o setting a non-HTTP proxy with an environment variable or with
> CURLOPT_PROXY / --proxy (without specifying CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE) would still
> make it do proxy-like HTTP requests
> o CURLFORM_BUFFER: insert filename as documented (regression)
> o SOCKS: fix the connect timeout
> o ftp_doing: bail out on error properly while multi interfacing
> o improved Content-Encoded decoding error message
> o asyn-thread: check for dotted addresses before thread starts
> o cmake: find winsock when building on windows
> o Curl_retry_request: check return code
> o cookies: handle 'secure=' as if it was 'secure'
> o tests: break busy loops in tests 502, 555, and 573
> o FTP: fix proxy connect race condition with multi interface and SOCKS
> proxy

Signoff x86_64

Old 09-14-2011, 03:35 AM
Evangelos Foutras

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've dropped curl 7.22.0 into [testing] in anticipation of moving it to
> [core], as it's a dependency of the next release of pacman. Note that
> when it moves, I'll also be moving libssh2 to core, as it's an immediate
> dependency of curl.
>
> The release is nothing unusual for curl -- some new features, some bug
> fixes, and some bugs. No soname bump, despite the version minor change.
> Release notes have been appended below.
>
> Please signoff, both arches.

Signoff x86_64.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:38 AM
Gaetan Bisson

[2011-09-13 17:36:53 -0400] Dave Reisner:

--
Gaetan

Old 09-14-2011, 06:41 AM
Tom Gundersen

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
> I've dropped curl 7.22.0 into [testing] in anticipation of moving it to
> [core], as it's a dependency of the next release of pacman. Note that
> when it moves, I'll also be moving libssh2 to core, as it's an immediate
> dependency of curl.
>
> The release is nothing unusual for curl -- some new features, some bug
> fixes, and some bugs. No soname bump, despite the version minor change.
> Release notes have been appended below.
>
> Please signoff, both arches.

signoff x86_64