Old 09-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Default libnl 1.1-3

Hi,

this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
likely skip due to problems.

Please signoff,

Pierre

Old 09-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Dave Reisner

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 01:35:49PM +0200, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
> the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
> likely skip due to problems.
>
> Please signoff,
>
> Pierre
>
> --
> Pierre Schmitz, https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre

signoff x86_64.

dave

Old 09-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Gaetan Bisson

[2011-09-10 13:35:49 +0200] Pierre Schmitz:
> this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
> the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
> likely skip due to problems.

Signoff both.

--
Gaetan

Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 10.09.2011 13:35, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> Hi,
>
> this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
> the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
> likely skip due to problems.
>
> Please signoff,
>
> Pierre

Note: Ioni noticed that libnl 3 is out, and that networkmanager has a
branch that supports it. As nm was the only real blocker for libnl 2, we
could try switching once again - I won't have the time for that in the
next months though, so anyone else is free to go ahead.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Ionut Biru

this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
likely skip due to problems.

Please signoff,

Pierre

Note: Ioni noticed that libnl 3 is out, and that networkmanager has a
branch that supports it. As nm was the only real blocker for libnl 2, we
could try switching once again - I won't have the time for that in the
next months though, so anyone else is free to go ahead.

that branch was merged in master and 0.9.1 is going to include it.

--
IonuÈ›

Old 09-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Florian Pritz

On 11.09.2011 22:56, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 10.09.2011 13:35, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
>> the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
>> likely skip due to problems.
>>
>> Please signoff,
>>
>> Pierre
>
> Note: Ioni noticed that libnl 3 is out, and that networkmanager has a
> branch that supports it. As nm was the only real blocker for libnl 2, we
> could try switching once again - I won't have the time for that in the
> next months though, so anyone else is free to go ahead.

I've started testing what works and created a wiki page [1] containing
the information. IMHO we should not waste time rebuilding for libnl2
because libnl3 will have a stable API [2].

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Rebuilds:Libnl3
[2] http://canuck.infradead.org/pipermail/libnl/2011-March/000218.html

--
Florian Pritz

Old 09-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Thomas Bächler

Am 12.09.2011 22:28, schrieb Florian Pritz:
> I've started testing what works and created a wiki page [1] containing
> the information. IMHO we should not waste time rebuilding for libnl2
> because libnl3 will have a stable API [2].
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Rebuilds:Libnl3

wpa_supplicant doesn't look too hard to fix.