-   -   libnl 1.1-3 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/573903-libnl-1-1-3-a.html)

Pierre Schmitz 09-10-2011 11:35 AM

libnl 1.1-3

Hi,

this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
likely skip due to problems.

Please signoff,

Pierre

Dave Reisner 09-10-2011 08:32 PM

libnl 1.1-3

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 01:35:49PM +0200, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
> the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
> likely skip due to problems.
>
> Please signoff,
>
> Pierre
>
> --
> Pierre Schmitz, https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre

signoff x86_64.

dave

Gaetan Bisson 09-10-2011 11:54 PM

libnl 1.1-3

[2011-09-10 13:35:49 +0200] Pierre Schmitz:
> this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
> the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
> likely skip due to problems.

Signoff both.

--
Gaetan

Thomas Bächler 09-11-2011 08:56 PM

libnl 1.1-3

Am 10.09.2011 13:35, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> Hi,
>
> this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
> the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
> likely skip due to problems.
>
> Please signoff,
>
> Pierre

Note: Ioni noticed that libnl 3 is out, and that networkmanager has a
branch that supports it. As nm was the only real blocker for libnl 2, we
could try switching once again - I won't have the time for that in the
next months though, so anyone else is free to go ahead.

Ionut Biru 09-11-2011 09:05 PM

libnl 1.1-3

this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
likely skip due to problems.

Please signoff,

Pierre

Note: Ioni noticed that libnl 3 is out, and that networkmanager has a
branch that supports it. As nm was the only real blocker for libnl 2, we
could try switching once again - I won't have the time for that in the
next months though, so anyone else is free to go ahead.

that branch was merged in master and 0.9.1 is going to include it.

--
IonuÈ›

Florian Pritz 09-12-2011 08:28 PM

libnl 1.1-3

On 11.09.2011 22:56, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 10.09.2011 13:35, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
>> the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
>> likely skip due to problems.
>>
>> Please signoff,
>>
>> Pierre
>
> Note: Ioni noticed that libnl 3 is out, and that networkmanager has a
> branch that supports it. As nm was the only real blocker for libnl 2, we
> could try switching once again - I won't have the time for that in the
> next months though, so anyone else is free to go ahead.

I've started testing what works and created a wiki page [1] containing
the information. IMHO we should not waste time rebuilding for libnl2
because libnl3 will have a stable API [2].

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Rebuilds:Libnl3
[2] http://canuck.infradead.org/pipermail/libnl/2011-March/000218.html

--
Florian Pritz

Thomas Bächler 09-13-2011 12:06 AM

libnl 1.1-3

Am 12.09.2011 22:28, schrieb Florian Pritz:
> I've started testing what works and created a wiki page [1] containing
> the information. IMHO we should not waste time rebuilding for libnl2
> because libnl3 will have a stable API [2].
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Rebuilds:Libnl3

wpa_supplicant doesn't look too hard to fix.