Old 09-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Tom Gundersen

Default util-linux-2.20-2

Hi guys,

There were a few minor bugs in util-linux release, and since
kernel.org has been down it has taken longer than normal to get the
fixes out.

We now have a new package though, and it should fix all the known
problems. The commits I added after the release are:

write: fix path for freopen()
agetty: double equals sign typo in opentty()
dmesg: remove extra space only after time stamp
dmesg: fix for non-CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME kernels

(Thomas suggested I add a fifth patch, but it is not yet on master,
and it was just about removing a superfluous translation, so I'll
leave it out).

Please test and signoff.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 09-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Thomas Bächler

Am 09.09.2011 13:30, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
> Hi guys,
>
> There were a few minor bugs in util-linux release, and since
> kernel.org has been down it has taken longer than normal to get the
> fixes out.
>
> We now have a new package though, and it should fix all the known
> problems. The commits I added after the release are:
>
> write: fix path for freopen()
> agetty: double equals sign typo in opentty()
> dmesg: remove extra space only after time stamp
> dmesg: fix for non-CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME kernels
>
> (Thomas suggested I add a fifth patch, but it is not yet on master,
> and it was just about removing a superfluous translation, so I'll
> leave it out).

You mean this one?

https://github.com/karelzak/util-linux/commit/484881ebdee8b1f339135a57958b6be8bc443a5d

Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Tom Gundersen

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 09.09.2011 13:30, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> There were a few minor bugs in util-linux release, and since
>> kernel.org has been down it has taken longer than normal to get the
>> fixes out.
>>
>> We now have a new package though, and it should fix all the known
>> problems. The commits I added after the release are:
>>
>> write: fix path for freopen()
>> agetty: double equals sign typo in opentty()
>> dmesg: remove extra space only after time stamp
>> dmesg: fix for non-CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME kernels
>>
>> (Thomas suggested I add a fifth patch, but it is not yet on master,
>> and it was just about removing a superfluous translation, so I'll
>> leave it out).
>
> You mean this one?
>
> https://github.com/karelzak/util-linux/commit/484881ebdee8b1f339135a57958b6be8bc443a5d

Hmpf. It was added before the move to github, that's why I couldn't
find it. Not exactly a blocker though, so it'll have to wait until the
next release.

-t

Old 09-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Gaetan Bisson

[2011-09-09 13:30:38 +0200] Tom Gundersen:
> There were a few minor bugs in util-linux release, and since
> kernel.org has been down it has taken longer than normal to get the
> fixes out.
>
> We now have a new package though, and it should fix all the known
> problems. The commits I added after the release are:
>
> write: fix path for freopen()
> agetty: double equals sign typo in opentty()
> dmesg: remove extra space only after time stamp
> dmesg: fix for non-CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME kernels
>
> (Thomas suggested I add a fifth patch, but it is not yet on master,
> and it was just about removing a superfluous translation, so I'll
> leave it out).

Signoff x86_64.

--
Gaetan