Old 08-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Tom Gundersen

Default util-linux-2.20-1 and sysvinit-2.88-3

Hi guys,

Upstream update of util-linux and removed mountpoint binary from
sysvinit as it is now provided by util-linux.

Major changes to util-linux:

- agetty gets most of the features from mingetty.
- dmesg gets lots of new filtering capabilities (try dmesg -l err,warn)
- mountpoint moves here from sysvinit

We still patch hwclock to move the adjustment file from /etc to /var.
I'm not a big fan of this, and will return to the problem for 2.21.

Please test and signoff.

Cheers,

Tom