Old 08-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default PHP 5.3.7 and Arch Linux

Hi all,

as it is all over the press now that one should not update to PHP 5.3.7
due to a crypt/md5 bug* I feel the need to advice every Arch user to
update to PHP 5.3.7-3 and not to keep 5.3.6. That version has the simple
patch applied while 5.3.6 has known security issues.

I expect 5.3.8 to be announced today though; but who knows? :-)

Greetings,

Pierre

*) https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=55439