Old 08-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Thomas Bächler

Default Broken perl packages in testing

Good morning Remy,

resolving dependencies...
warning: cannot resolve "perl-http-daemon>=6", a dependency of "perl-libwww"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable
dependencies:
perl-libwww

Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N]
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: perl-libwww: requires perl-http-daemon>=6

You know what to do.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Andrea Scarpino

On 19 August 2011 11:05, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Good morning Remy,
>
> resolving dependencies...
> warning: cannot resolve "perl-http-daemon>=6", a dependency of "perl-libwww"
> :: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable
> dependencies:
> * * *perl-libwww
>
> Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N]
> error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
> :: perl-libwww: requires perl-http-daemon>=6
>
> You know what to do.
Why Remy? Justin updated the perl-libwww package.

Anyway there is already a bug report for this[1].

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25653

--
Andrea

Old 08-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Florian Pritz

On 19.08.2011 11:05, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Good morning Remy,
>
> resolving dependencies...
> warning: cannot resolve "perl-http-daemon>=6", a dependency of "perl-libwww"
> :: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable
> dependencies:
> perl-libwww
>
> Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N]
> error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
> :: perl-libwww: requires perl-http-daemon>=6
>
> You know what to do.

I pushed a new perl package to testing which contains a proper provides
array.

--
Florian Pritz

Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Thomas Bächler

Am 19.08.2011 11:07, schrieb Andrea Scarpino:
> On 19 August 2011 11:05, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Good morning Remy,
>>
>> resolving dependencies...
>> warning: cannot resolve "perl-http-daemon>=6", a dependency of "perl-libwww"
>> :: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable
>> dependencies:
>> perl-libwww
>>
>> Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N]
>> error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
>> :: perl-libwww: requires perl-http-daemon>=6
>>
>> You know what to do.
> Why Remy? Justin updated the perl-libwww package.
>
> Anyway there is already a bug report for this[1].
>
> [1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25653

Looked at the wrong package in the pacman -Si output. Then "Hello Justin".

Old 08-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Florian Pritz

On 19.08.2011 11:11, Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 19.08.2011 11:05, Thomas Bächler wrote:
>> Good morning Remy,
>>
>> resolving dependencies...
>> warning: cannot resolve "perl-http-daemon>=6", a dependency of "perl-libwww"
>> :: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable
>> dependencies:
>> perl-libwww
>>
>> Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N]
>> error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
>> :: perl-libwww: requires perl-http-daemon>=6
>>
>> You know what to do.
>>

> I pushed a new perl package to testing which contains a proper provides
> array.

Uhm actually never mind. Perl dosen't provide HTTP:aemon. Sorry for
the noise.

--
Florian Pritz