-   -   util-linux 2.19.1-3 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/564640-util-linux-2-19-1-3-a.html)

Tom Gundersen 08-15-2011 11:01 PM

util-linux 2.19.1-3

Hi guys,

This adds support for linux 3.0 to util linux, which is in particular
needed for mkswap.

Please signoff as I'd like to move this to core ASAP so it can be on
the iso in time for froscon.

Thanks to Florian for pointing this out to me.

Cheers,

Tom

Evangelos Foutras 08-16-2011 06:44 AM

util-linux 2.19.1-3

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Tom Gundersen <teg@jklm.no> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> This adds support for linux 3.0 to util linux, which is in particular
> needed for mkswap.
>
> Please signoff as I'd like to move this to core ASAP so it can be on
> the iso in time for froscon.

Signoff x86_64.

Dieter Plaetinck 08-16-2011 06:58 AM

util-linux 2.19.1-3

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 16:54:23 +1000
Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 16/08/11 16:44, Evangelos Foutras wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Tom Gundersen<teg@jklm.no> wrote:
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> This adds support for linux 3.0 to util linux, which is in particular
> >> needed for mkswap.
> >>
> >> Please signoff as I'd like to move this to core ASAP so it can be on
> >> the iso in time for froscon.
> >
> > Signoff x86_64.
> >

> Signoff i686,
> Allan

that's weird, current test isos built from core support creating swap just fine, and that should be with linux 3.0 ?

Dieter

Tobias Powalowski 08-16-2011 07:23 AM

util-linux 2.19.1-3

Am 16.08.2011 08:58, schrieb Dieter Plaetinck:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 16:54:23 +1000
> Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:

>>> Signoff x86_64.
>>>

>> Signoff i686,
>> Allan
>>

> that's weird, current test isos built from core support creating swap just fine, and that should be with linux 3.0 ?
>
> Dieter
Please elaborate on this my last archboot isos also worked fine.

greetings
tpowa

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Ionut Biru 08-16-2011 07:35 AM

util-linux 2.19.1-3

On 08/16/2011 10:23 AM, Tobias Powalowski wrote:

[...]

have you tried to create a swap greater than 2gb? We tried on our new
box to create a 8 gb swap and failed

--
IonuČ›

Tobias Powalowski 08-16-2011 08:10 AM

util-linux 2.19.1-3

Am 16.08.2011 09:35, schrieb Ionut Biru:
> On 08/16/2011 10:23 AM, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
>> Am 16.08.2011 08:58, schrieb Dieter Plaetinck:

>>> that's weird, current test isos built from core support creating swap
>>> just fine, and that should be with linux 3.0 ?
>>>
>>> Dieter
>> Please elaborate on this my last archboot isos also worked fine.
>>
>> greetings
>> tpowa
>>

> have you tried to create a swap greater than 2gb? We tried on our new
> box to create a 8 gb swap and failed

No when testing isos I never create bigger than 256MB.
thanks for clarification.

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Florian Pritz 08-16-2011 12:30 PM

util-linux 2.19.1-3

On 16.08.2011 08:54, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 16/08/11 16:44, Evangelos Foutras wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Tom Gundersen<teg@jklm.no> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> This adds support for linux 3.0 to util linux, which is in particular
>>> needed for mkswap.
>>>
>>> Please signoff as I'd like to move this to core ASAP so it can be on
>>> the iso in time for froscon.
>>
>> Signoff x86_64.
>>

> Signoff i686,
> Allan