Old 08-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Dave Reisner

Default pacman 3.5.4-3

"final" is really biting me...

Yet another rebuild to address an issue we're having on the 2010.05
media with the first pacman -Syu hosing the system because of a broken
dep on glibc 2.14. The -3 rebuild addresses this by adding an explicit
versioned dep on glibc>=2.14 so that glibc is pulled into the SyncFirst
transactions with pacman.

NB: We've already solved this problem for pacman4 with the, as SyncFirst
targets will implicitly get --needed and --recursive flags added to the
transaction and deps needing updates will automatically pulled in.

Yay!!

Please sign off, both arches.

dave

Old 08-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Evangelos Foutras

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
> "final" is really biting me...
>
> Yet another rebuild to address an issue we're having on the 2010.05
> media with the first pacman -Syu hosing the system because of a broken
> dep on glibc 2.14. The -3 rebuild addresses this by adding an explicit
> versioned dep on glibc>=2.14 so that glibc is pulled into the SyncFirst
> transactions with pacman.
>
> NB: We've already solved this problem for pacman4 with the, as SyncFirst
> targets will implicitly get --needed and --recursive flags added to the
> transaction and deps needing updates will automatically pulled in.
>
> Yay!!
>
> Please sign off, both arches.

Signoff x86_64.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Gaetan Bisson

[2011-08-11 16:04:36 -0400] Dave Reisner:
> "final" is really biting me...
>
> Yet another rebuild to address an issue we're having on the 2010.05
> media with the first pacman -Syu hosing the system because of a broken
> dep on glibc 2.14. The -3 rebuild addresses this by adding an explicit
> versioned dep on glibc>=2.14 so that glibc is pulled into the SyncFirst
> transactions with pacman.
>
> NB: We've already solved this problem for pacman4 with the, as SyncFirst
> targets will implicitly get --needed and --recursive flags added to the
> transaction and deps needing updates will automatically pulled in.

Signoff both.

--
Gaetan