Old 08-10-2011, 12:47 AM
Dave Reisner

Default pacman v3.5.4

I've pushed the final release of the pacman 3 series into [testing].
This is a maintenance release with the following changes:

- fix display of lists on non-TTYs and other output fixes
- fix group selection entry for large inputs (FS#24253)
- fix divide by zero when downloading zero length files
- flush terminal input before reading response (FS#20538)
- allow files to be replaced by directories (FS#24904)
- makepkg: fix filenames with spaces and noextract (FS#25100)
- scripts: remove ln -f option for POSIX compliance (FS24893)
- various small documentation updates
- minor translation updates: de, fi

Please signoff both architectures.

dave

Old 08-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Dan McGee

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
> I've pushed the final release of the pacman 3 series into [testing].
> This is a maintenance release with the following changes:

Signoff i686, -Syu worked.

-Dan

Old 08-10-2011, 05:45 AM
Gaetan Bisson

[2011-08-09 20:47:34 -0400] Dave Reisner:
> I've pushed the final release of the pacman 3 series into [testing].
> This is a maintenance release with the following changes:
>
> - fix display of lists on non-TTYs and other output fixes
> - fix group selection entry for large inputs (FS#24253)
> - fix divide by zero when downloading zero length files
> - flush terminal input before reading response (FS#20538)
> - allow files to be replaced by directories (FS#24904)
> - makepkg: fix filenames with spaces and noextract (FS#25100)
> - scripts: remove ln -f option for POSIX compliance (FS24893)
> - various small documentation updates
> - minor translation updates: de, fi

Signoff both.

--
Gaetan

Old 08-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Tom Gundersen

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:47 AM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
> I've pushed the final release of the pacman 3 series into [testing].
> This is a maintenance release with the following changes:

Signoff x86_64.

-t

Old 08-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Evangelos Foutras

Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Evangelos Foutras

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Evangelos Foutras
<evangelos@foutrelis.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 3:47 AM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
>> I've pushed the final release of the pacman 3 series into [testing].
>> This is a maintenance release with the following changes:
>>
>> - fix display of lists on non-TTYs and other output fixes
>> - fix group selection entry for large inputs (FS#24253)
>> - fix divide by zero when downloading zero length files
>> - flush terminal input before reading response (FS#20538)
>> - allow files to be replaced by directories (FS#24904)
>> - makepkg: fix filenames with spaces and noextract (FS#25100)
>> - scripts: remove ln -f option for POSIX compliance (FS24893)
>> - various small documentation updates
>> - minor translation updates: de, fi
>>
>> Please signoff both architectures.
>
> Signoff x86_64.

I take that back.

http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/commit/?id=e92905a2 should be
merged into the maint branch and included in a new release, otherwise
running makepkg a second time will fail.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Dave Reisner

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 03:07:16PM +0300, Evangelos Foutras wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Evangelos Foutras
> <evangelos@foutrelis.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 3:47 AM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
> >> I've pushed the final release of the pacman 3 series into [testing].
> >> This is a maintenance release with the following changes:
> >>
> >> - fix display of lists on non-TTYs and other output fixes
> >> - fix group selection entry for large inputs (FS#24253)
> >> - fix divide by zero when downloading zero length files
> >> - flush terminal input before reading response (FS#20538)
> >> - allow files to be replaced by directories (FS#24904)
> >> - makepkg: fix filenames with spaces and noextract (FS#25100)
> >> - scripts: remove ln -f option for POSIX compliance (FS24893)
> >> - various small documentation updates
> >> - minor translation updates: de, fi
> >>
> >> Please signoff both architectures.
> >
> > Signoff x86_64.
>
> I take that back.
>
> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/commit/?id=e92905a2 should be
> merged into the maint branch and included in a new release, otherwise
> running makepkg a second time will fail.

Damn, I knew there was something broken in

http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/commit/?id=c36dbf97118d8

Agree, this should be merged.

dave

Old 08-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Dan McGee

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 03:07:16PM +0300, Evangelos Foutras wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Evangelos Foutras
>> <evangelos@foutrelis.com> wrote:

>> > Signoff x86_64.
>>
>> I take that back.
>>
>> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/commit/?id=e92905a2 should be
>> merged into the maint branch and included in a new release, otherwise
>> running makepkg a second time will fail.
>
> Damn, I knew there was something broken in
>
> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/commit/?id=c36dbf97118d8
>
> Agree, this should be merged.

Told you the word "final" would burn you.

Anyway, I'll cherry-pick it onto maint but I'm not pushing a whole new
release for this one non-fatal issue. I'd grab the git patch [1] I'm
about to push and treat pacman as any other package that needs an
upstream patch.

-Dan

[1] commit c493eef643ecb3a54c79083c51a8975f816ed9de
(cherry picked from commit e92905a2c8c14c7855e2841f44d3c139aa40844c)

Old 08-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Dave Reisner

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 08:09:10AM -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 03:07:16PM +0300, Evangelos Foutras wrote:

> >> I take that back.
> >>
> >> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/commit/?id=e92905a2 should be
> >> merged into the maint branch and included in a new release, otherwise
> >> running makepkg a second time will fail.
> >
> > Damn, I knew there was something broken in
> >
> > http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/commit/?id=c36dbf97118d8
> >
> > Agree, this should be merged.
>
> Told you the word "final" would burn you.
>
> Anyway, I'll cherry-pick it onto maint but I'm not pushing a whole new
> release for this one non-fatal issue. I'd grab the git patch [1] I'm
> about to push and treat pacman as any other package that needs an
> upstream patch.
>
> -Dan
>
> [1] commit c493eef643ecb3a54c79083c51a8975f816ed9de
> Author: Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>
> Date: Tue Jun 28 22:47:35 2011 +1000
>
> makepkg: fix removing symbolic link
> (cherry picked from commit e92905a2c8c14c7855e2841f44d3c139aa40844c)

Yep. Makes sense. I'll roll a -2.