Old 08-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Evangelos Foutras

Default add libgraphite2 replacing libgraphite?

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> I'd like to add a libgraphite2 pkg replacing libgraphite because it has
> its own version scheme.

That sounds like a fine use case for the epoch option.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Dan McGee

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Evangelos Foutras
<evangelos@foutrelis.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
>> I'd like to add a libgraphite2 pkg replacing libgraphite because it has
>> its own version scheme.
>
> That sounds like a fine use case for the epoch option.

Agreed, we're not Debian/Ubuntu/RH/everything else and name packages
with version numbers in them...

-Dan

Old 08-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Rémy Oudompheng

On 2011/8/6 Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> I'd like to build LibreOffice against our system libgraphite. We need
> to switch to the rewritten libgraphite2 (1.0.1 release).
>
> I'd like to add a libgraphite2 pkg replacing libgraphite because it has
> its own version scheme.
>
> Do you know any other pkg depending on libgraphite expect LibO and
> texlive-bin? Can texlive-bin work with recent graphite2 rewrite?

The two libraries have really not much in common in their API if
anything. graphite has libgraphite.so and graphite2 has
libgraphite2.so. If we are going to only keep only one of them, keep
graphite2 and I'll rebuild texlive-bin to use the included version.
AFAIK only xetex needs graphite.

Rémy.