Old 08-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Ronald van Haren

Default grub 0.97-18

Hi,

Please signoff for both architectures. If you can, please test the
install-grub script if it detects your kernel (it should detect the
new naming scheme as well as the lts kernel).

This should move together with the linux 3.0

changes:
- Update install-grub script to handle new naming scheme and make it
slightly smarter so it detects multiple kernels (standard and lts) if
installed
- Fix compile issues
- separate build and package functions and some cleanups.

Ronald

Old 08-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Dieter Plaetinck

On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 21:30:20 +0200
Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please signoff for both architectures. If you can, please test the
> install-grub script if it detects your kernel (it should detect the
> new naming scheme as well as the lts kernel).
>
> This should move together with the linux 3.0
>
> changes:
> - Update install-grub script to handle new naming scheme and make it
> slightly smarter so it detects multiple kernels (standard and lts) if
> installed
> - Fix compile issues
> - separate build and package functions and some cleanups.
>
> Ronald

does this change how the installation tools should deal with grub or
grub-install (we don't use install-grub)?

Dieter

Old 08-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Ronald van Haren

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter@plaetinck.be> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 21:30:20 +0200
> Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please signoff for both architectures. If you can, please test the
>> install-grub script if it detects your kernel (it should detect the
>> new naming scheme as well as the lts kernel).
>>
>> This should move together with the linux 3.0
>>
>> changes:
>> - Update install-grub script to handle new naming scheme and make it
>> slightly smarter so it detects multiple kernels (standard and lts) if
>> installed
>> - Fix compile issues
>> - separate build and package functions and some cleanups.
>>
>> Ronald
>
> does this change how the installation tools should deal with grub or
> grub-install (we don't use install-grub)?
>
> Dieter

No, should be similar.

Ronald

Old 08-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Ionut Biru

Please signoff for both architectures. If you can, please test the
install-grub script if it detects your kernel (it should detect the
new naming scheme as well as the lts kernel).

This should move together with the linux 3.0

changes:
- Update install-grub script to handle new naming scheme and make it
slightly smarter so it detects multiple kernels (standard and lts) if
installed

menu.lst still has the old naming schema

--
IonuČ›