Old 08-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Jan de Groot

Default Fixing libsasl/cyrus-sasl/cyrus-sasl-plugins

Right now we have 3 standalone packages in our repositories for a
package that could get built from one source:

- libsasl - library and plain/login/sasldb modules, core for libldap
- cyrus-sasl - saslauthd with dependency on cyrus-sasl-plugins
- cyrus-sasl-plugins - all plugins not in libsasl

We have several bugreports open:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23856 - use /dev/urandom
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18784 - NTLM plugin missing
cyrus-sasl-plugins is built with !libtool, making it impossible to load

For the libtool files, I suggest adding this patch:
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/cyrus-sasl2/2.1.24~rc1.dfsg1+cvs2011-05-23-4/0030-dont_use_la_files_for_opening_plugins.patch

Then comes the actual packaging:
libsasl: the SASL library and mechanisms + sasldb (core)
libsasl-gssapi: GSSAPI mechanism, avoid dependency loop (core)
cyrus-sasl: saslauthd and auxprop modules (extra)
cyrus-sasl-sql: sql auxprop module (extra)

Then the dependencies/replaces/provides:
libsasl-gssapi: depends=libsasl, replaces/provides=cyrus-sasl-plugins
cyrus-sasl: depends=libsasl-gssapi
cyrus-sasl-sql: depends=libsasl, replaces=cyrus-sasl-plugins

This shouldn't cause any breakage and dependency resolution is nearly
the same as what it was before the migration. In the future, packages
should depend on libsasl-gssapi instead of cyrus-sasl-plugins.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Allan McRae

[...]

If you are wanting these in one PKGBUILD, then you can not have them in
multiple repos....

Old 08-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Jan de Groot

On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 22:18 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> If you are wanting these in one PKGBUILD, then you can not have them
> in
> multiple repos....

cyrus-sasl/trunk/PKGBUILD:
- pkgname=('cyrus-sasl' 'cyrus-sasl-sql')
- package_* for all packages
- all development happens here

libsasl/trunk/:
- svn copy from cyrus-sasl/trunk
- PKGBUILD: pkgname=('libsasl' 'libsasl-gssapi')
- all later changes to trunk are merged from cyrus-sasl

I could provide a script for this so it makes maintenance easier. Only
problem here is that it's not failsafe when someone just builds without
reading anything (like what happened when blindly removing the libtool
files).