Old 08-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default linux-3.0-2

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 20:09:21 +0200, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.0 series for both arches.

signoff x86_64

Old 08-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Rémy Oudompheng

On 2011/8/1 Tobias Powalowski <tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.0 series for both arches.

Using that for some days, signof i686.

--
Rémy.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Evangelos Foutras

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.0 series for both arches.

Signoff both.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Gaetan Bisson

[2011-08-01 20:09:21 +0200] Tobias Powalowski:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.0 series for both arches.
>
> Upstream
> changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> Archlinux Changes:
> - Rename the package kernel26 -> linux
> - Added replaces everywhere
> - Removed old comments and vercmps from .install file
> - Removed old comments and replaces from PKGBUILD
> - added compatibility symlinks for vmlinuz26 and initramfs filenames
> in PKGBUILD, in order to not break bootloader entries.
> - removed System.map file, not needed anymore we provide
> /proc/kallsyms

Signoff x86_64.

--
Gaetan

Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Ángel Velásquez

2011/8/1 Tobias Powalowski <tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com>:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.0 series for both arches.
>
> Upstream
> changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> Archlinux Changes:
> - Rename the package kernel26 -> linux
> - Added replaces everywhere
> - Removed old comments and vercmps from .install file
> - Removed old comments and replaces from PKGBUILD
> - added compatibility symlinks for vmlinuz26 and initramfs filenames
> *in PKGBUILD, in order to not break bootloader entries.
> - removed System.map file, not needed anymore we provide
> */proc/kallsyms
>
> Now stuff to discuss before uploading to testing:
> - kernel name: vmlinuz-linux
> - initramfs name: initramfs-linux.img
> *same for fallback of course.
>
> greetings
> tpowa
> --
> Tobias Powalowski
> Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
> http://www.archlinux.org
> tpowa@archlinux.org

signoff x86_64

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net

Old 08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 01.08.2011 20:09, schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.0 series for both arches.

Signoff 64

Old 08-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Ronald van Haren

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.0 series for both arches.
>
> Upstream
> changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> Archlinux Changes:
> - Rename the package kernel26 -> linux
> - Added replaces everywhere
> - Removed old comments and vercmps from .install file
> - Removed old comments and replaces from PKGBUILD
> - added compatibility symlinks for vmlinuz26 and initramfs filenames
> *in PKGBUILD, in order to not break bootloader entries.
> - removed System.map file, not needed anymore we provide
> */proc/kallsyms
>
> Now stuff to discuss before uploading to testing:
> - kernel name: vmlinuz-linux
> - initramfs name: initramfs-linux.img
> *same for fallback of course.
>
> greetings
> tpowa
> --
> Tobias Powalowski
> Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
> http://www.archlinux.org
> tpowa@archlinux.org

Can you hold of moving it to [core] for a bit, I need to modify the
grub and grub2 config files to handle the new naming scheme.

There is a patch for grub2 (FS#25337) that I still need to verify, for
grub in [core] we should probably check for both the old and new
naming scheme as the lts kernel still uses the former.

@Allan: as you said last week you were taking care of some grub fixes,
can you do that on short term and add this, or should I go ahead and
have a go tonight?

Ronald

Old 08-02-2011, 07:19 AM
"Guillermo Leira"

> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.0 series for both arches.

I haven't been able to make VMware Workstation 7.1.4 work with kernel 3.0-2.
Downgraded to 3.0-1 and works again.

Everything else seems to work fine.

Best Regards,

Guillermo Leira

Old 08-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Ronald van Haren

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Tobias Powalowski
> <tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> please signoff 3.0 series for both arches.
>>
>> Upstream
>> changes:
>> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>>
>> Archlinux Changes:
>> - Rename the package kernel26 -> linux
>> - Added replaces everywhere
>> - Removed old comments and vercmps from .install file
>> - Removed old comments and replaces from PKGBUILD
>> - added compatibility symlinks for vmlinuz26 and initramfs filenames
>> *in PKGBUILD, in order to not break bootloader entries.
>> - removed System.map file, not needed anymore we provide
>> */proc/kallsyms
>>
>> Now stuff to discuss before uploading to testing:
>> - kernel name: vmlinuz-linux
>> - initramfs name: initramfs-linux.img
>> *same for fallback of course.
>>
>> greetings
>> tpowa
>> --
>> Tobias Powalowski
>> Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
>> http://www.archlinux.org
>> tpowa@archlinux.org
>>

> Can you hold of moving it to [core] for a bit, I need to modify the
> grub and grub2 config files to handle the new naming scheme.
>
> There is a patch for grub2 (FS#25337) that I still need to verify, for
> grub in [core] we should probably check for both the old and new
> naming scheme as the lts kernel still uses the former.
>
> @Allan: as you said last week you were taking care of some grub fixes,
> can you do that on short term and add this, or should I go ahead and
> have a go tonight?
>
> Ronald

To clarify, grub/grub2 still boots, it is the creation of the (sample)
config files that gets broken by the new naming scheme.

Ronald

Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Jelle van der Waa

please signoff 3.0 series for both arches.

I haven't been able to make VMware Workstation 7.1.4 work with kernel 3.0-2.
Downgraded to 3.0-1 and works again.

Everything else seems to work fine.

Best Regards,

Guillermo Leira

Probably since the naming changed to 3.0 instead of 3.0.0 You should
look for some patches for VMWare workstation.

--
Jelle van der Waa