-   -   udev-173-1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/558865-udev-173-1-a.html)

Tom Gundersen 07-30-2011 11:56 PM

udev-173-1

Hi guys,

New udev release just out. We had the previous one in testing for a
long time without pushing it to [core] as it was believed this one was
imminent.

Nothing earth-shattering in this release. udev-acl is now disabled by
default, but we enable it as we still support systemd-less systems.

It should be noted that also this release contains a fix for a bug
found by some of our valiant testers.

Please test and sign-off.

Upstream release notes:

udev 173
========
Bugfixes.

The udev-acl extra is no longer enabled by default. To enable it,
--enable-udev_acl needs to be given at ./configure time. On systemd
systems, the udev-acl rules prevent it from running as the functionality
has moved to systemd.

udev 172
========
Bugfixes.

Udev now enables kernel media-presence polling if available. Part
of udisks optical drive tray-handling moved to cdrom_id: The tray
is locked as soon as a media is detected to enable the receiving
of media-eject-request events. Media-eject-request events will
eject the media.

Libudev enumerate is now able to enumerate a subtree of a given
device.

The mobile-action-modeswitch modeswitch tool was deleted. The
functionality is provided by usb_modeswitch now.

Evangelos Foutras 07-31-2011 05:42 AM

udev-173-1

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 2:56 AM, Tom Gundersen <teg@jklm.no> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> New udev release just out. We had the previous one in testing for a
> long time without pushing it to [core] as it was believed this one was
> imminent.
>
> Nothing earth-shattering in this release. udev-acl is now disabled by
> default, but we enable it as we still support systemd-less systems.
>
> It should be noted that also this release contains a fix for a bug
> found by some of our valiant testers.
>
> Please test and sign-off.

sup dawg, I herd you like echoing, so I put an echo in your echo so
you can echo while you echo

http://i.imgur.com/K7chD.png

(More quotes are needed in post_upgrade(). :p)

Tom Gundersen 07-31-2011 11:42 AM

udev-173-1

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Evangelos Foutras
<evangelos@foutrelis.com> wrote:

> sup dawg, I herd you like echoing, so I put an echo in your echo so
> you can echo while you echo

Haha.

Thanks. I'll push a new one. Sorry for not noticing.

-t