Old 07-28-2011, 12:22 PM
"Vijay N. Majagaonkar"

Default Upgrade Option with kickstart

Hi All,
I am bit confusion in work flow of system upgrade with kickstart and it*failed*to upgrade the system with kickstart config file.*
It throw error message "No valid upgrade partition" at the time of upgrade, this error means that Installer not able to find "rootParts" I am not sure why it is failed get root parts,*

Can someone please help me to understand how upgrade works with kickstart config file.*

Just for update, I have fixed this upgrade issue in*different*way, I am not sure is this good way but it works for me

[Fix]
I am asking user to choose for upgrade or reinstall system, if user select the upgrade option then i am setting.
if upgrade:* * * *opts.ksfile = False*

This will be set before creating object of a Install class,instClass = getInstClass(opts)

and rest will be fine ....
[/Fix]

This will work without an issue, But not sure is this correct way to do, Please help me to correct this
*

Thanks for the help*V!jay.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Chris Lumens

> I am bit confusion in work flow of system upgrade with kickstart and
> it failed to upgrade the system with kickstart config file.
>
> It throw error message "No valid upgrade partition" at the time of upgrade,
> this error means that Installer not able to find "rootParts" I am not sure
> why it is failed get root parts,
>
> Can someone please help me to understand how upgrade works with kickstart
> config file.

What operating system(s) do you have installed that you want to upgrade,
and what are you trying to upgrade to?

- Chris

Old 07-29-2011, 04:50 AM
"Vijay N. Majagaonkar"

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Chris Lumens <clumens@redhat.com> wrote:

> I am bit confusion in work flow of system upgrade with kickstart and

> it failed to upgrade the system with kickstart config file.

> It throw error message "No valid upgrade partition" at the time of upgrade,

> this error means that Installer not able to find "rootParts" I am not sure

> why it is failed get root parts,

> Can someone please help me to understand how upgrade works with kickstart

> config file.

What operating system(s) do you have installed that you want to upgrade,

and what are you trying to upgrade to?

Hi Chris,
Sorry that I missed to mention in*previous*mail, I am using customized Cent OS 5.5,*
Yes I have installed OS before upgrading and i am trying to upgrade with new centos that I built in house.

I have built new cent OS with updated packages from centos tree and I am using anaconda version is anaconda-11.1.2.209

Thanks for the help

V!jay