Old 07-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Default kernel 3.0 enters testing

Hi guys,
first try with 3.0 kernel,
nvidia legacy is not building, due to some makefile conftest
restriction, patches are welcome.

Have fun and find issues.

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 07-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Ionut Biru

On 07/24/2011 11:34 AM, Tobias Powalowski wrote:

Hi guys,
first try with 3.0 kernel,
nvidia legacy is not building, due to some makefile conftest
restriction, patches are welcome.

nvidia-173xx updated to 173.14.31 and built fine against linux 3.0.

Have fun and find issues.

greetings
tpowa

--
IonuČ›

Old 07-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Ray Rashif

On 24 July 2011 16:34, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> first try with 3.0 kernel,
> nvidia legacy is not building, due to some makefile conftest
> restriction, patches are welcome.
>
> Have fun and find issues.

Like I mentioned on IRC, I'd like for the PKGBUILD to be cleaner (it
has collected much inconsistency in style over the years).

I suppose it's mainly a lack of motivation (no-one wants to read
through the entire thing just to fix how the PKGBUILD looks), so I
motivated myself to do it: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/445356/

Just proper spacing, organising, quoting and bracing of variables,
some blank lines, indents..stuff that makes the PKGBUILD _not_ look
like a mess; allows for easier duplication/modification.

--
GPG/PGP ID: 8AADBB10

Old 07-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Evangelos Foutras

On 24 July 2011 16:09, Ray Rashif <schiv@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 24 July 2011 16:34, Tobias Powalowski
> <tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> first try with 3.0 kernel,
>> nvidia legacy is not building, due to some makefile conftest
>> restriction, patches are welcome.
>>
>> Have fun and find issues.
>
> Like I mentioned on IRC, I'd like for the PKGBUILD to be cleaner (it
> has collected much inconsistency in style over the years).
>
> I suppose it's mainly a lack of motivation (no-one wants to read
> through the entire thing just to fix how the PKGBUILD looks), so I
> motivated myself to do it: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/445356/
>
> Just proper spacing, organising, quoting and bracing of variables,
> some blank lines, indents..stuff that makes the PKGBUILD _not_ look
> like a mess; allows for easier duplication/modification.

That's quite an improvement.

One thing I noticed; some variables still use the $var syntax after
your patch, although ${var} seems to be much more prevalent in the
PKGBUILD. I think it'd be a good idea to change them all to use the
same syntax.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi