-   -   Implementing package branches for the svntogit repos (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/554482-implementing-package-branches-svntogit-repos.html)

Evangelos Foutras 07-20-2011 07:15 AM

Implementing package branches for the svntogit repos

Hi,

The past few days I've been testing a new way to maintain the svntogit
repositories [1]. The main change is keeping a separate branch for
each package, in addition to the master branch which contains all
packages.

Currently, the log pages load very slow; waiting over a minute is not
uncommon. If we switch to the new script, we can then specify the
package branch we want and everything should load very quickly. :)

Some relevant links:

New script and log file after running for a couple of days:
http://pkgbuild.com/~foutrelis/svntogit/ (The first run had to update
a week's worth of packages. :p)

Test repositories (click the 'refs' tab to get a list of all package branches):

- http://pkgbuild.com/git/packages.git/
- http://pkgbuild.com/git/community.git/

What do you guys think? If there are no objections, I could do the
switch (I'd need access to svntogit's $HOME on gerolde).

[1] http://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/