Old 07-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Dave Reisner

Default tcp_wrappers rebuild bonanza

5 packages in core were affected by this:

inetutils
nfs-utils
syslog-ng
openssh
xinetd

Note that we still have 2 packages in extra to get this rebuild
completed -- archboot and openldap, before we can do the viking funeral
for tcp_wrappers.

Signoff both arches,
dave

Old 07-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Dan McGee

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
> 5 packages in core were affected by this:
>
> inetutils
> nfs-utils
> syslog-ng
> openssh
> xinetd

I'll signoff for both architectures, but you probably want more than
just me since I helped with the rebuild.

-Dan

Old 07-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Stéphane Gaudreault

Le 18 juillet 2011 19:28:19 Dave Reisner a écrit :
> 5 packages in core were affected by this:
>
> inetutils
> nfs-utils
> syslog-ng
> openssh
> xinetd
>
> Note that we still have 2 packages in extra to get this rebuild
> completed -- archboot and openldap, before we can do the viking funeral
> for tcp_wrappers.
>
> Signoff both arches,
> dave

Signoff x86_64, I suggest to do the move of the affected core package at the
same time as the last iptables update to make sure that everything is up to
date in the security area

Stéphane

Old 07-19-2011, 06:01 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
> 5 packages in core were affected by this:
>
> inetutils
> nfs-utils
> syslog-ng
> openssh
> xinetd
>
> Note that we still have 2 packages in extra to get this rebuild
> completed -- archboot and openldap, before we can do the viking funeral
> for tcp_wrappers.

I checked out archboot for the rebuild but the archboot scripts
themselves refers to tcp_wrappers. Ultimately, I decided to let Tobias
or someone else handle it. Anyway, I don't think that many people use
archboot on a regular basis.

The split libldap/openldap package is finally done and in testing.
Because, in addition to the tcp_wrapper support removal, it also has
an upstream update (of 2 minor versions) and important changes and
improvements, I would like specific signoffs for libldap/openldap to
make sure everything works fine.

BTW, when you'll move it to core, it might be better to do a db-remove
on the libldap in core and openldap in extra before moving the package
out of testing. I'm not sure how well the dbscripts will handle a
combined split-PKGBUILD and repo-switch combination.

List of changes to libldap/openldap package:

- Upstream update
- Combine libldap and openldap in a splitted PKGBUILD
- Update ntlm.patch so it applies
- Remove tcp_wrappers support
- Fix permissions on libldap libraries
- Change run directory from /var/lib/openldap/run to /run
- Move unix ldapi socket to /run (close FS#21051)
- Change libexecdir to /usr/lib
- Enable slapd overlays (close FS#14598)
- PKGBUILD cleanup

Eric

Old 07-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am 19.07.2011 08:01, schrieb Eric Bélanger:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
>> 5 packages in core were affected by this:
>>
>> inetutils
>> nfs-utils
>> syslog-ng
>> openssh
>> xinetd
>>
>> Note that we still have 2 packages in extra to get this rebuild
>> completed -- archboot and openldap, before we can do the viking funeral
>> for tcp_wrappers.
>
> I checked out archboot for the rebuild but the archboot scripts
> themselves refers to tcp_wrappers. Ultimately, I decided to let Tobias
> or someone else handle it. Anyway, I don't think that many people use
> archboot on a regular basis.
>
> The split libldap/openldap package is finally done and in testing.
> Because, in addition to the tcp_wrapper support removal, it also has
> an upstream update (of 2 minor versions) and important changes and
> improvements, I would like specific signoffs for libldap/openldap to
> make sure everything works fine.
>
> BTW, when you'll move it to core, it might be better to do a db-remove
> on the libldap in core and openldap in extra before moving the package
> out of testing. I'm not sure how well the dbscripts will handle a
> combined split-PKGBUILD and repo-switch combination.
>
> List of changes to libldap/openldap package:
>
> - Upstream update
> - Combine libldap and openldap in a splitted PKGBUILD
> - Update ntlm.patch so it applies
> - Remove tcp_wrappers support
> - Fix permissions on libldap libraries
> - Change run directory from /var/lib/openldap/run to /run
> - Move unix ldapi socket to /run (close FS#21051)
> - Change libexecdir to /usr/lib
> - Enable slapd overlays (close FS#14598)
> - PKGBUILD cleanup
>
> Eric
>>
>> Signoff both arches,
>> dave

I would just push a rebuild without tcp_wrappers in depends.
The rest I fix on next archboot release.
greetings
tpowa

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 07-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 2:13 AM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 19.07.2011 08:01, schrieb Eric Bélanger:
>> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
>>> 5 packages in core were affected by this:
>>>
>>> inetutils
>>> nfs-utils
>>> syslog-ng
>>> openssh
>>> xinetd
>>>
>>> Note that we still have 2 packages in extra to get this rebuild
>>> completed -- archboot and openldap, before we can do the viking funeral
>>> for tcp_wrappers.
>>
>> I checked out archboot for the rebuild but the archboot scripts
>> themselves refers to tcp_wrappers. Ultimately, I decided to let Tobias
>> or someone else handle it. Anyway, I don't think that many people use
>> archboot on a regular basis.
>>
>> The split libldap/openldap package is finally done and in testing.
>> Because, in addition to the tcp_wrapper support removal, it also has
>> an upstream update (of 2 minor versions) and important changes and
>> improvements, I would like specific signoffs for libldap/openldap to
>> make sure everything works fine.
>>
>> BTW, when you'll move it to core, it might be better to do a db-remove
>> on the libldap in core and openldap in extra before moving the package
>> out of testing. I'm not sure how well the dbscripts will handle a
>> combined split-PKGBUILD and repo-switch combination.
>>
>> List of changes to libldap/openldap package:
>>
>> - Upstream update
>> - Combine libldap and openldap in a splitted PKGBUILD
>> - Update ntlm.patch so it applies
>> - Remove tcp_wrappers support
>> - Fix permissions on libldap libraries
>> - Change run directory from /var/lib/openldap/run to /run
>> - Move unix ldapi socket to /run (close FS#21051)
>> - Change libexecdir to /usr/lib
>> - Enable slapd overlays (close FS#14598)
>> - PKGBUILD cleanup
>>
>> Eric
>>>
>>> Signoff both arches,
>>> dave
>>>
> I would just push a rebuild without tcp_wrappers in depends.
> The rest I fix on next archboot release.
> greetings
> tpowa

I just pushed a rebuilt archboot in testing.

BTW, there seem to be a permission issues for openldap when slapd is
run as non-root: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25168

I'm not sure if slapd is even meant to be run as non-root (you need to
be root to read its config file) or if the one in the old package was
working as non-root. So the rebuild will need to stay in testing until
I figure it out.

Eric

Old 07-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Dave Reisner

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 07:28:19PM -0400, Dave Reisner wrote:
> 5 packages in core were affected by this:
>
> inetutils
> nfs-utils
> syslog-ng
> openssh
> xinetd
>
> Note that we still have 2 packages in extra to get this rebuild
> completed -- archboot and openldap, before we can do the viking funeral
> for tcp_wrappers.
>
> Signoff both arches,
> dave

Anyone for i686?

dave

Old 07-21-2011, 04:37 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 2:13 AM, Tobias Powalowski
> <tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> I checked out archboot for the rebuild but the archboot scripts
>>> themselves refers to tcp_wrappers. Ultimately, I decided to let Tobias
>>> or someone else handle it. Anyway, I don't think that many people use
>>> archboot on a regular basis.
>>>
>>> The split libldap/openldap package is finally done and in testing.
>>> Because, in addition to the tcp_wrapper support removal, it also has
>>> an upstream update (of 2 minor versions) and important changes and
>>> improvements, I would like specific signoffs for libldap/openldap to
>>> make sure everything works fine.
>>>
>>> BTW, when you'll move it to core, it might be better to do a db-remove
>>> on the libldap in core and openldap in extra before moving the package
>>> out of testing. I'm not sure how well the dbscripts will handle a
>>> combined split-PKGBUILD and repo-switch combination.
>>>
>>> List of changes to libldap/openldap package:
>>>
>>> - Upstream update
>>> - Combine libldap and openldap in a splitted PKGBUILD
>>> - Update ntlm.patch so it applies
>>> - Remove tcp_wrappers support
>>> - Fix permissions on libldap libraries
>>> - Change run directory from /var/lib/openldap/run to /run
>>> - Move unix ldapi socket to /run (close FS#21051)
>>> - Change libexecdir to /usr/lib
>>> - Enable slapd overlays (close FS#14598)
>>> - PKGBUILD cleanup
>>>
>>> Eric

>> I would just push a rebuild without tcp_wrappers in depends.
>> The rest I fix on next archboot release.
>> greetings
>> tpowa
>>

> I just pushed a rebuilt archboot in testing.
>
> BTW, there seem to be a permission issues for openldap when slapd is
> run as non-root: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25168
>
> I'm not sure if slapd is even meant to be run as non-root (you need to
> be root to read its config file) or if the one in the old package was
> working as non-root. So the rebuild will need to stay in testing until
> I figure it out.

I've put a libldap/openldap 2.4.26-2 in testing. With that version,
the slapd daemon is run as a ldap user instead of root. Please test
this new version and signoff.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Dan McGee

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 2:13 AM, Tobias Powalowski
>> <tobias.powalowski@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> I would just push a rebuild without tcp_wrappers in depends.
>>> The rest I fix on next archboot release.
>>> greetings
>>> tpowa
>>>

>> I just pushed a rebuilt archboot in testing.
>>
>> BTW, there seem to be a permission issues for openldap when slapd is
>> run as non-root: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25168
>>
>> I'm not sure if slapd is even meant to be run as non-root (you need to
>> be root to read its config file) or if the one in the old package was
>> working as non-root. So the rebuild will need to stay in testing until
>> I figure it out.
>>

> I've put a libldap/openldap 2.4.26-2 in testing. With that version,
> the slapd daemon is run as a ldap user instead of root. *Please test
> this new version and signoff.

A bit of a trial by fire, but this all has been moved from *testing
and into the relevant repositories.

-Dan