Old 07-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Dan McGee

Default Install messages

I'm counting on Gmail to wrap these messages the same way they looked
in my console- they look like junk when you don't keep them to 80
characters/line. Yes, people still use terminals that wide, as most of
the time they are opened to that width by default. As a general
guideline, can we try to keep them to 80 characters/line please? 85 is
just silly when it would be easy to trim it down a few words or rewrap
the lines correctly.

-Dan

ATTENTION UDEV:
----------
Support for non-devtmpfs self-compiled kernels have been moved to udev-compat.
--
Blacklisting of framebuffer devices has moved from /etc/modprobe.d to
/lib/modprobe.d

Old 07-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Tom Gundersen

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm counting on Gmail to wrap these messages the same way they looked
> in my console- they look like junk when you don't keep them to 80
> characters/line. Yes, people still use terminals that wide, as most of
> the time they are opened to that width by default. As a general
> guideline, can we try to keep them to 80 characters/line please? 85 is
> just silly when it would be easy to trim it down a few words or rewrap
> the lines correctly.

My bad (had to do some mental arithmetic (subtract 11) to figure out
the real line length, and this proved too hard for me).

Fixed in svn (so the version that reaches [core] will be ok).

-t