Old 07-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Rémy Oudompheng

Default netcfg 2.6.4-1

Hello,

I have just released netcfg 2.6.4. As I think the amount of outstanding
bugs inside is pretty negligible, I suggest starting a signoff thread
for inclusion into [core].

Then I will start working on including pending new features for 2.7
release.

Highlights of netcfg 2.6.4 are a shining new netcfg-profiles(5) man page,
that gathers the (previously non-existent ethernet(5) and wireless(5)
man pages).
- The netcfg(8) man pages has been translated back to markdown/pandoc syntx
for easier updates.
- The netcfg-profiles(5) man page documents many options of the various
available connection types, and should complement the provided examples.
It should plug the usual criticism about netcfg's documentation being
very hard to find.

It is expected that the 2.6.4 release is the final one in the 2.6.x
series.

This release works for me in standard ethernet and WPA modes, using DHCP,
so I sign it off.

--
Rémy.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 14.07.2011 14:25, schrieb Rémy Oudompheng:
> This release works for me in standard ethernet and WPA modes, using DHCP,
> so I sign it off.

Signoff - tested auto-wireless mode with DHCP only.