Old 11-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default kernel26 2.6.23.8-2

Hi
kernel 2.6.23.8-2 for both arches in testing, please signoff
this one adresses these bugs:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8721
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8745

- added new cfs scheduler version to fix wlan bug
-> all binary modules rebuilt against that
- cleaned up configs
- cleaned up patches
- cleaned up PKGBUILD
- alsa status 20071124

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 11-26-2007, 03:47 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Nov 26, 2007 11:33 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi
> kernel 2.6.23.8-2 for both arches in testing, please signoff
> this one adresses these bugs:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8721
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8745
>
> - added new cfs scheduler version to fix wlan bug
> -> all binary modules rebuilt against that
> - cleaned up configs
> - cleaned up patches
> - cleaned up PKGBUILD
> - alsa status 20071124

I love the link GMail gave me on this one, I laughed:

Would you like to...
Add to calendar
kernel26
Mon Feb 6, 2023

-Dan

Old 11-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Montag, 26. November 2007 17:33:49 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Hi
> kernel 2.6.23.8-2 for both arches in testing, please signoff
> this one adresses these bugs:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8721
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8745
>
> - added new cfs scheduler version to fix wlan bug
> -> all binary modules rebuilt against that
> - cleaned up configs
> - cleaned up patches
> - cleaned up PKGBUILD
> - alsa status 20071124
>
> greetings
> tpowa

works for me; but there is a 2.6.23.9 release now :-)

--
archlinux.de

Old 11-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Montag, 26. November 2007 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> Am Montag, 26. November 2007 17:33:49 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> > Hi
> > kernel 2.6.23.8-2 for both arches in testing, please signoff
> > this one adresses these bugs:
> > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8721
> > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8745
> >
> > - added new cfs scheduler version to fix wlan bug
> > -> all binary modules rebuilt against that
> > - cleaned up configs
> > - cleaned up patches
> > - cleaned up PKGBUILD
> > - alsa status 20071124
> >
> > greetings
> > tpowa
>
> works for me; but there is a 2.6.23.9 release now :-)

it's already uploading have to test later

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 11-26-2007, 08:38 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Nov 26, 2007 4:35 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, 26. November 2007 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> > Am Montag, 26. November 2007 17:33:49 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> > > Hi
> > > kernel 2.6.23.8-2 for both arches in testing, please signoff
> > > this one adresses these bugs:
> > > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8721
> > > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8745
> > >
> > > - added new cfs scheduler version to fix wlan bug
> > > -> all binary modules rebuilt against that
> > > - cleaned up configs
> > > - cleaned up patches
> > > - cleaned up PKGBUILD
> > > - alsa status 20071124
> > >
> > > greetings
> > > tpowa
> >
> > works for me; but there is a 2.6.23.9 release now :-)
>
> it's already uploading have to test later

And won't this have any critical CFS patches in it anyways? Once again
our "vanilla" kernel is growing...

-Dan

Old 11-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Montag, 26. November 2007 schrieb Dan McGee:
> On Nov 26, 2007 4:35 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:

> > > works for me; but there is a 2.6.23.9 release now :-)
> >
> > it's already uploading have to test later
>
> And won't this have any critical CFS patches in it anyways? Once again
> our "vanilla" kernel is growing...
>
> -Dan

it still has the cfs thing in it, but the rc1 patch got final
it's more a number bump then something that changed
greetings
tpowa

--
Tobias Powalowski