Old 05-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Thomas Bächler

Default mkinitcpio 0.6.12-1

"Upstream" update (haha), please sign off.

Shortlog:
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi (3):
Drop deprecated /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
Trigger udev events like in initscripts
Cleanly stop udev >= 168 as recommended by upstream.

Thomas Bächler (2):
Improve comments in mkinitcpio.conf
Release mkinitcpio 0.6.12

Tom Gundersen (1):
/run: restrict write access to root

Old 05-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Ionut Biru

On 05/14/2011 02:33 PM, Thomas Bächler wrote:

"Upstream" update (haha), please sign off.

Shortlog:
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi (3):
Drop deprecated /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
Trigger udev events like in initscripts
Cleanly stop udev>= 168 as recommended by upstream.

Thomas Bächler (2):
Improve comments in mkinitcpio.conf
Release mkinitcpio 0.6.12

Tom Gundersen (1):
/run: restrict write access to root

signoff i686

--
IonuÈ›

Old 05-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Evangelos Foutras

On 14 May 2011 14:33, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> "Upstream" update (haha), please sign off.

Signoff x86_64.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Gaetan Bisson

[2011-05-14 13:33:14 +0200] Thomas Bächler:

Old 05-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Tom Gundersen

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> "Upstream" update (haha), please sign off.
>
> Shortlog:
> Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi (3):
> * * *Drop deprecated /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
> * * *Trigger udev events like in initscripts
> * * *Cleanly stop udev >= 168 as recommended by upstream.
>
> Thomas Bächler (2):
> * * *Improve comments in mkinitcpio.conf
> * * *Release mkinitcpio 0.6.12
>
> Tom Gundersen (1):
> * * */run: restrict write access to root

It seems to work fine for me, but maybe this is related to the udev
cleanup: <https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/24272>?

Cheers,

-t

Old 05-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Tom Gundersen

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Tom Gundersen <teg@jklm.no> wrote:
> It seems to work fine for me, but maybe this is related to the udev
> cleanup: <https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/24272>?

I still don't know what is up with that bug report.

However, I finally got an answer to how to use this db_persist stuff
(from Kay Sievers). The attached file should be added to
/lib/udev/rules.d/ on the initramfs (not on the regular root).

The bugs we could encounter by not doing this are not necessarily easy
to reproduce, so we better do it to be on the safe side.

Cheers,

Tom